The Student Room Group

Car bomb in Berlin kills driver

car bomb has exploded in Berlin, killing the driver of the vehicle, German police say.A police officer at the scene said the explosion happened while the car was travelling ,flipping the vehicle up in the air, officials tweeted.
Investigators said explosives caused the blast and were checking the car for more explosive material.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35810521

No news yet so lets not rush to judgment (until they do tell us the facts then feel free)

Scroll to see replies

There are two options, terrorism or murder.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I hate to drop a bomb on this one but this thread is gonna blow up.
Could've been intended to harm/kill others if explosives went off while it was travelling rather than being parked at their home. Not sure whether terrorism or targeted murder attack. Could be either.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Doubt its terrorism, it sounds like only the driver was targeted. Though suicide bombers aren't the brightest of people...

Have you considered the possibility that the car was being driven by a terrorist on an explosives delivery run, or on his way to commit an atrocity? An own goal, so to speak.
Original post by Armastan
Could've been intended to harm/kill others if explosives went off while it was travelling rather than being parked at their home. Not sure whether terrorism or targeted murder attack. Could be either.

Oh come on it's not like they could explode by accident or through a fault in construction

But yes as I said best wait till we have some facts before making assumptions
Original post by Good bloke
An own goal, so to speak.

wouldn't be the first.
True, I understand what you're saying, but conjecture like doesn't do anyone any favours I'm afraid
Post more updates when you get them bacon and sauce,please :h:

I know this thread isnt going to end well,however!
Have you considered the possibility that the car was being driven by a terrorist on an explosives delivery run, or on his way to commit an atrocity? An own goal, so to speak.

That could be one possibility,best to wait to hear more on the story before jumping to conclusions eh
Original post by queen-bee
That could be one possibility,best to wait to hear more on the story before jumping to conclusions eh

Nobody in this thread so far has jumped to a conclusion.
Nobody in this thread so far has jumped to a conclusion.

I know,not yet at least,just a piece of advice

Do you guys think this has something to do with the 5th year anniversary of the Syrian civil war?! Today marks the anniversary
Reply 12

Do you guys think this has something to do with the 5th year anniversary of the Syrian civil war?! Today marks the anniversary

Looks like someone who made some people angry. I wouldn't say terrorist related

You never seem to stop looking down on people, do you?
You never seem to stop looking down on people, do you?

I haven't looked down on you. It was just general advice,please calm down
I haven't looked down on you. It was just general advice,please calm down

You were looking down on people in general. Calm down and don't patronise.
You were looking down on people in general. Calm down and don't patronise.

I said its best not to jump to conclusions until we have more info,nothing patronising just sound advice
Original post by Mathemagicien
Not likely

"The explosion happened "in or on" the front part of the Volkswagen Passat as it travelled along the Bismarckstrasse during the morning rush hour, a police spokesman said."

I'd think terrorists would store explosives in the back while transporting them

Have to agree

and if the motive was to kill a lot of people it wasn't anywhere near big enough
I'm sure most Syrians are genuinely grateful to host nations

Crickey QB, they could have done with you in the offices of The Guardian in the hours after the Toulouse atrocity.😃

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending