The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Gonna firm coventry 😄😄 so glad waiting process is over, more stressful than bloody A2!!
I really want to call Cardiff and ask when their decisions will be made because I'm going to America next week and would love to be put out of my misery before I leave ! However on the interview day I specifically remember the lady at the end saying not to ring up haha.. So maybe not
Original post by moonandstars
I really want to call Cardiff and ask when their decisions will be made because I'm going to America next week and would love to be put out of my misery before I leave ! However on the interview day I specifically remember the lady at the end saying not to ring up haha.. So maybe not

They said to me I'd hear back 31st March at the latest but it's such a long wait!
Am I right in thinking the longer you wait is that better? Surely they would decline you sooner if they wasn't interested
just wondering how long it took to hear back from keele or man met post interview??
Original post by 02PC03
I feel this year those who are immediately leaving school aren't being offered a priority into getting to uni. However as university's this year are getting so many applicants due to the change in the nhs bursary that so many mature students who have completed other degrees or have taken gap years that students who are leaving school with a levels this year are being over looked and rejected solely on lack of experience. It's obvious that a person leaving school won't be as good as a older person who will no doubt have more experience at interviews. So in total we are loosing out this year due to the incompetence of university admission teams.

Or due to the quality of the other applicants. Don't be bitter or blame the universities they are merely searching for the best applicants which tend to be the mature students who have a more in depth knowledge of the course and job demands
Original post by 123Izzy
just wondering how long it took to hear back from keele or man met post interview??

Dont know about keele but manc met where pretty quick i interviewed in december and had my offer in January :smile:
Reply 1907
has anyone heard back from manchester met that had interviews on the 9th march?
Original post by Kstim

I haven't!
Original post by spshsha1
Or due to the quality of the other applicants. Don't be bitter or blame the universities they are merely searching for the best applicants which tend to be the mature students who have a more in depth knowledge of the course and job demands

Have to say I agree with you regarding quality of applicants and I do actually think a 'quality applicant' can be any age- I'm a mature student with a year of clinical experience in a different profession, currently working in public health, undertook 5 Physio work experiences in total including NHS and already hold an undergraduate degree. I currently have no offers (2 rejections, 2 upcoming interviews and one awaiting decision post interview) and I met several school leavers in my interview I've had who are already holding 1-2 offers and I must say these were the ones who's confidence did shine through. I also look about 18 myself despite being older, so especially with the MMI's where they have generic questions there wouldn't really be much of a way of them knowing I'm a mature applicant whilst they're sat there scoring you. All the unis can do is pick the strongest applicants they see on the day - it's not about your age, if you interview well and can project your passion for Physiotherapy well at interview you're in with as good a chance as anyone whether you're 17 or 99 lol.
(edited 8 years ago)
I have a Birmingham interview next Tuesday, can anyone give me an insight into what the pre interview task involves? They don't give much indication on what it could be

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1911
Hi I have an interview at Northumbria, guessing it's a difficult one considering all your previous offers, do you have any helpful information on questions or the written part many thanks
I have my Northumbria interview tomorrow too, can anyone shed any light on the 500 word essay at all? Any ideas what it will be?
Original post by Kstim

Original post by Jane1296
I haven't!

I haven't either x
Anyone else got a rejection from kings? Pretty sad about it, it was my first choice :frown:
Original post by nina877
Anyone else got a rejection from kings? Pretty sad about it, it was my first choice :frown:

Was this post interview? I had an interview in January and just checked now and still haven't heard back!
I really want to hear back from Sheffield Hallam post- interview but I know we have to wait until they've finished all their interviews and won't hear back till April! But the wait is so stressful! And Huddersfield I'm still waiting to hear back from post- interview! And both were in January! This waiting is horrible😞
Original post by ruth1997
Was this post interview? I had an interview in January and just checked now and still haven't heard back!

Yeah, I had my interview in February. You will probably hear back in the following weeks. :smile:
Original post by nina877
Yeah, I had my interview in February. You will probably hear back in the following weeks. :smile:

Yeah my was the 3rd of Feb not January- my mistake it seems like ages ago! Really sorry to hear that. Currently on 4 rejections from Nottingham, Cardiff, Southampton and Liverpool so kings is my last option. Thinking of taking a year out at the moment as its so competitive this year and getting more experience!
Original post by ruth1997
Yeah my was the 3rd of Feb not January- my mistake it seems like ages ago! Really sorry to hear that. Currently on 4 rejections from Nottingham, Cardiff, Southampton and Liverpool so kings is my last option. Thinking of taking a year out at the moment as its so competitive this year and getting more experience!

Oh no, I hope you get the offer! Yeah and it was our first time trying out the MMI format interview, a gap year would be pretty beneficial in practicing them. I've currently just got an offer from Birmingham and have had rejections from Cardiff and Nottingham and now kings. Still waiting on st George's. Good luck with hearing from kings though! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending