The Student Room Group

When did you have your first relationship?

Let's say ones in first school don't count.
I'm 16. I go to an all boys grammar school, and I don't know any girls (well, besides my sister, my aunt, my grandma and my mum). I haven't talked to any since.....idk. I didn't talk to them in middle school either. Frankly they scare me. They're so chatty and intimidating, and it's even worse when they're pretty. Whenever there are girls standing around (sixth form girls from another grammar school down the road come to my school for certain lessons), I have to turn around and take another route through the school to get to where I want to go (the library usually) ;-;

Do you think this is bad? When did you have your first relationship? At what age do you think people should have at least had one relationship?

Scroll to see replies

My first was when I was 21 :smile: enjoy being single, i think its better to grow up on your own to become your own confident, independent person... it also makes being single a lot easier when you break up! I am single again now and completely happy!
My first was 17, and that I regret so much.... :frown:
Reply 3
14 - year 10
20 and still never had a relationship. Been rejected twice before. Currently I have fallen for this girl BIG TIME and unsure if she likes me - so perhaps will have a first soon...
15/16
Original post by GoldenSilkie15
I'm 16. I go to an all boys grammar school, and I don't know any girls (well, besides my sister, my aunt, my grandma and my mum). I haven't talked to any since.....idk. I didn't talk to them in middle school either. Frankly they scare me. They're so chatty and intimidating, and it's even worse when they're pretty. Whenever there are girls standing around (sixth form girls from another grammar school down the road come to my school for certain lessons), I have to turn around and take another route through the school to get to where I want to go (the library usually) ;-;

Do you think this is bad? When did you have your first relationship? At what age do you think people should have at least had one relationship?

When you're ready for one, don't force it - this will lead to you trying too hard and may result in an unhappy relationship.
I was 12 when I had my first "long-term" relationship.. Lasted almost two years but I don't talk to the guy anymore.
Original post by GoldenSilkie15

I think it is a tad worrying that you find girls so intimidating that you will change your route through school to avoid them, tbh. Girls can def be intimidating - especially in groups - but it sounds like you are being over-anxious.

I don't believe there is an age by which people SHOULD have had at least one relationship. Everyone is different and some people are ready earlier than others. It's much better to wait until you're ready than to just jump into something just because of peer or self-pressure, and have it go wrong and/or end up getting hurt. Remember some people can go through their whole lives without maybe ever having had a proper romantic relationship, and still lead fulfilling lives :yes:

As for when my first relationship was: relationship is perhaps too strong a word, but essentially it was when I was 21 :yes:
16 with a douche bag he was cheating with on his GF it was a long distance relationship between them so he decided to use his time by spending it with me...lasted 2 weeks
Reply 10
I'm in my first proper relationship. I'm 19.
Reply 11
I was 12 when I met my hand...
It depends on what we are counting. If it is the first time - excluding primary school - that I've had a GF then it would be year 7, and thus 11/12 years old.

If we are talking the first time it lasted more than a month then it would have been either year 8 or year 9. It has been a long time so I don't really remember.
Reply 13
I was 13 when me and my boyfriend started going out, I'm 18 now and he's 20 and we're moving in together next year
16. The best age is around your 20s because you notice people besides school and realise who is going to be there for you. (and you have a lot more common sense and you know what you are interested in)
Original post by GOKU27
I was 12 when I met my hand...

Haha. A life long friendship :P
Original post by lnicxo
I was 13 when me and my boyfriend started going out, I'm 18 now and he's 20 and we're moving in together next year

That's great!
Original post by chloejamess_
When you're ready for one, don't force it - this will lead to you trying too hard and may result in an unhappy relationship.

I'm not actively looking for a relationship (it probably sounded like that, didn't it?) and I probably won't be for at least a few years to come. I agree, I don't want to fore anything :smile:
When I was too young to really appreciate how special and ardent love could possibly be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending