The Student Room Group

Life after university

I dropped out of Loughborough University on 1st April 2014, from that date onwards I did not receive one bit of correspondence about life after university.

Do you know whether your university has any form of support for people who decide that education is not for them?
Reply 1
as far as im aware you pick your **** up and move on with life and get a job?
Reply 2
Original post by AGroves
I dropped out of Loughborough University on 1st April 2014, from that date onwards I did not receive one bit of correspondence about life after university.

Do you know whether your university has any form of support for people who decide that education is not for them?

Original post by shawtyb

shawtyb is correct. Sort yourself out, you aren't giving them any more money so why should they help you out.
It's very difficult, even for graduates with the completed degree.
Possibly find other courses part time, full time training, or an entry level job.
Can then have somewhere to work your way up from.
Though, if you have any previous experience or other skills, may add more options.
Reply 4
Original post by shawtyb

Which I personally did, yes. But to receive a pointer in the right direction could always be beneficial..?
Reply 5
Original post by AGroves
Which I personally did, yes. But to receive a pointer in the right direction could always be beneficial..?

citizens advice :smile: (CAB)
Reply 6
Original post by IAmNero
shawtyb is correct. Sort yourself out, you aren't giving them any more money so why should they help you out.

Because you are human and trying to do what's best for yourself?

This post isn't about me personally. I have done well since leaving university, but I am thinking about other people who might not be so fortunate.

Maybe that is something a recruitment company could capitalise on. To form a partnership with universities and have former students directed their way... There are plenty of entry level jobs which do not require a degree, finding them isn't always so easy though.
Reply 7
Original post by AGroves
Because you are human and trying to do what's best for yourself?

This post isn't about me personally. I have done well since leaving university, but I am thinking about other people who might not be so fortunate.

Maybe that is something a recruitment company could capitalise on. To form a partnership with universities and have former students directed their way... There are plenty of entry level jobs which do not require a degree, finding them isn't always so easy though.

business idea :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by shawtyb
business idea :smile:

That is what I was pushing towards with this post but wanted some feedback with personal experiences
Reply 9
Original post by AGroves
That is what I was pushing towards with this post but wanted some feedback with personal experiences

cant help with the personal experience part as im still in uni but i am studying business management lol
Original post by AGroves

Most university careers services are open to leavers for 2 years following their leave date.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending