The Student Room Group

Idea for TSR

A weekly/monthly podcast where we would use some voice chat software, maybe skype and just talk? Thoughts? does it already exist?
Reply 1
Original post by KyleH123
A weekly/monthly podcast where we would use some voice chat software, maybe skype and just talk? Thoughts? does it already exist?

No, it doesn't exist. People would rather have a chat/voice chat within closed group rather than public due to trolls and that kind of stuff.

It's a good idea to be honest, but will need to specify different topics, select only certain members (limited), deal with offenders and... Well, simply put; too much fuss for administration.
Reply 2
Original post by KyleH123

Original post by Impressive
No, it doesn't exist. People would rather have a chat/voice chat within closed group rather than public due to trolls and that kind of stuff.

It's a good idea to be honest, but will need to specify different topics, select only certain members (limited), deal with offenders and... Well, simply put; too much fuss for administration.

I could start a YouTUbe channel to do this? and then make a thread for it?

@Puddles the Monkey @Queen Cersei

What do you think?
Reply 3

Maybe TSR users themselves could nominate which certain other TSR users they'd like to do this with, and set up small-numbered groups (10 users max?) accordingly?
Reply 4
Original post by JeffyBoyAnjou
Apparuhntlee thê yoosd tuh bee a chatroom and it wuhz abolishd bicoz lödz uhv argyoomuhnts happuhnd or sumthing.

English, please
Reply 5
Apparuhntlee thê yoosd tuh bee a chatroom and it wuhz abolishd bicoz lödz uhv argyoomuhnts happuhnd or sumthing.

Yes, the chatroom was here before but it was removed for a reason (as you said).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IAmNero
English, please

It iz inglish, chek øt signichuh fuh mor infuhmeyshuhn.
Reply 7
It iz inglish, chek øt signichuh fuh mor infuhmeyshuhn.

You couldn't pour water out of a boot if the instructions were on the heel
Original post by IAmNero

Yor rëlee randuhm.
Reply 9
Original post by IAmNero

He couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.
Original post by IAmNero
I could start a YouTUbe channel to do this? and then make a thread for it?

@Puddles the Monkey @Queen Cersei

What do you think?

Do it, if your content will be constructive, funny and not too boring, you may actually get some subscribers and even be on the front page of TSR. (dreams - jk. I'm already on the front page, at least the last time I've checked)

Original post by lustawny
Maybe TSR users themselves could nominate which certain other TSR users they'd like to do this with, and set up small-numbered groups (10 users max?) accordingly?

That's somehow related to discrimination? Why should users nominate? (oh no, they've chosen that person again and not me..)

10 users is quite a big number. Slashing it in half might be better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Do it, if your content will be constructive, funny and not too boring, you may actually get some subscribers and even be on the front page of TSR. (dreams - jk. I'm already on the front page, at least the last time I've checked)

I have 1,684 on my personal channel, I must be doing something right :smile:

I will make it and the thread, we will see :smile:
Original post by IAmNero
I have 1,684 on my personal channel, I must be doing something right :smile:

I will make it and the thread, we will see :smile:

1684? whoa.

Give me your YT username so I can stalk you. (just kidding, stalking is illegal). I will follow you instead. I mean.. subscribe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's somehow related to discrimination? Why should users nominate? (oh no, they've chosen that person again and not me..)

10 users is quite a big number. Slashing it in half might be better.

But the whole point of nominating certain TSR users is to try and venture outside your comfort zone and try and get to know TSR users who you're interested in, yet haven't had much of an opportunity to talk to, either on the forums, or even in the luxury of a voice call away from a message board? (as it's more personal, and less cold, anonymous and technology-based than talking to someone through a forum)
Reply 14
1684? whoa.

Give me your YT username so I can stalk you. (just kidding, stalking is illegal). I will follow you instead. I mean.. subscribe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think? Can't remember exactly, but it's about there

Swhiting. Ignore the fact I sound like I am 3 :frown:
Original post by IAmNero
I think? Can't remember exactly, but it's about there

Swhiting. Ignore the fact I sound like I am 3 :frown:

At least you don't sound like 2!

Looks like 400+ subscribers left your channel, but no worries. You will have my sub.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
At least you don't sound like 2!

Looks like 400+ subscribers left your channel, but no worries. You will have my sub.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I meant 1284 :rofl:
Original post by lustawny
But the whole point of nominating certain TSR users is to try and venture outside your comfort zone and try and get to know TSR users who you're interested in, yet haven't had much of an opportunity to talk to, either on the forums, or even in the luxury of a voice call away from a message board? (as it's more personal, and less cold, anonymous and technology-based than talking to someone through a forum)

Ï dönt rëlee think meny peepuhl wüd bee wiling to on Skype or Youtube and shö thê feysiz, let alön bee on thê having long chats and discushuhnz. Ï meen, its a güd ïdë, Ïd bee intrestid tuh see if it werks øt buht Ïm not shor it wil.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending