The Student Room Group

Most Teens aren't heterosexual and don't believe in gender study shows.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DiddyDec
Gender is a fact, you can choose not believe in it but it will still exist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes gender exists, but how is it a fact? I would say gender is far from fact. It's kind of like religion, sure they exist but they are far from factual. So many different religious views and they're constantly changing, gender is the same in that regard.
Feel free to disagree. :h:
Original post by Bad Faith
Yes gender exists, but how is it a fact? I would say gender is far from fact. It's kind of like religion, sure they exist but they are far from factual. So many different religious views and they're constantly changing, gender is the same in that regard.

Gender is a biological fact...
Reply 102
They all grow up eventually.
Eventually all the idiots that bang on and on about karl max make it to the real world and realise that he was a pillock. This is no different.
Original post by IAmNero
Gender is a biological fact...

I think you're mistaking gender for sex. Sex is a fact, I don't dispute that. It is objective and doesn't change, one is either male, female or intersex. Gender however is more about the norms and stereotypes of the sexes (maybe I'm mistaken but that's how I've understood it).
I think you're mistaking gender for sex. Sex is a fact, I don't dispute that. It is objective and doesn't change, one is either male, female or intersex. Gender however is more about the norms and stereotypes of the sexes (maybe I'm mistaken but that's how I've understood it).

Neurologically speaking there are three genders, Male, Female and Transsexual
Original post by IAmNero
Neurologically speaking there are three genders, Male, Female and Transsexual

No, there isn't. But if you do have proof of this then please give me a link. On the neuroscience front there isn't any concrete evidence of any fundamental difference between male and female brains, and even if one is noted in adults you cannot be sure that it isn't caused by the environment. MRI scans of babies haven't shown any significant differences.

Plus, transsexual is not a gender. It is a term used to describe someone who has medically transitioned into the 'opposite' sex, so it's not really a gender in itself.
The people trying to argue gender doesn't exist :lol:
Original post by Truths
The people trying to argue gender doesn't exist :lol:

I know it's so stupid

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is a fact that it exists.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
It is a fact that it exists.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's as much of a fact as the Easter bunny

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by annaew
https://www.jwtintelligence.com/2016/03/gen-z-goes-beyond-gender-binaries-in-new-innovation-group-data/

Do you guys think we are heading towards a gender neutral bisexual society?

Anyone that claims to be anything other than either of the genders they were born with, are just attention seeking. And those who supports these attention seeking people, are trying to be moral where in fact they don't care, and know it's just a waste of time. All this effort to argue with fact, what is society coming to.
Reply 111
No, there isn't. But if you do have proof of this then please give me a link. On the neuroscience front there isn't any concrete evidence of any fundamental difference between male and female brains, and even if one is noted in adults you cannot be sure that it isn't caused by the environment. MRI scans of babies haven't shown any significant differences.

Plus, transsexual is not a gender. It is a term used to describe someone who has medically transitioned into the 'opposite' sex, so it's not really a gender in itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97dBxYGGUGk

Especially the Part about the guy named Victor towards the end would indicate that our gender expression is linked towards our biology.

and a long and informative article on sex differences in the brain and the effect of prenatal hormones

http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/44096/title/Sex-Differences-in-the-Brain/
Imagine thinking you aren't a boy when you were born with a penis :lol: :facepalm:

Why can't we just accept there are girly-acting guys, and boyish-acting girls, and move on. That's what we've done for, well forever. Why the need to invent new ones, such a load of *******s. The people that fighted for a change in the definitions so that gender is different to sex, are just annoying. Any gender other than male or female, except for the extreme cases where something went wrong during birth, it completely made up just to make people feel special.

All this stuff about gender and sexuality is such a waste of time. So much more important things going on.
Reply 113
Original post by ComputerMaths97
Imagine thinking you aren't a boy when you were born with a penis :lol: :facepalm:

Why can't we just accept there are girly-acting guys, and boyish-acting girls, and move on. That's what we've done for, well forever. Why the need to invent new ones, such a load of *******s. The people that fighted for a change in the definitions so that gender is different to sex, are just annoying. Any gender other than male or female, except for the extreme cases where something went wrong during birth, it completely made up just to make people feel special.

All this stuff about gender and sexuality is such a waste of time. So much more important things going on.

I would agree but Transgender people do exist and for them the struggle is real, but the rest sounds just like a mental disorder.

But what i find scary is that this is getting mainstream, retailers make gender neutral clothing collections, a couple of weeks ago schools asked children to choose their gender and gave them 25 options, Facebook let's you choose between 50 genders, Will Smith's son want's guys to wear skirts and everyone claims that we are all sexual fluid and those who don't are just lying to themselves.

I think it's getting all a bit extreme.
Original post by annaew
I would agree but Transgender people do exist and for them the struggle is real, but the rest sounds just like a mental disorder.

But what i find scary is that this is getting mainstream, retailers make gender neutral clothing collections, a couple of weeks ago schools asked children to choose their gender and gave them 25 options, Facebook let's you choose between 50 genders, Will Smith's son want's guys to wear skirts and everyone claims that we are all sexual fluid and those who don't are just lying to themselves.

I think it's getting all a bit extreme.

So much this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by annaew
Will Smith's son want's guys to wear skirts

He is ****nut.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oi, Tumblr isn't science

You can't change your sex you numpty.
To debunk this whole 'gender is a construct' thing: So if a boy can be born with a 'female brain', i.e. a female in the wrong body, doesn't that mean a female brain must exist, and show 'female' characteristics, so gender is rooted in biology. @DiddyDec @paul514
Reply 119
Original post by IAmNero
To debunk this whole 'gender is a construct' thing: So if a boy can be born with a 'female brain', i.e. a female in the wrong body, doesn't that mean a female brain must exist, and show 'female' characteristics, so gender is rooted in biology. @DiddyDec @paul514

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97dBxYGGUGk

I posted this documentary already and I don't know if someone watched it already but especially Victors story in the end should show that gender is not a pure social construct, this whole documentary has 7 episodes and all episodes can be watched on youtube.

also posted already but i guess it got ignored too a long article on sex differences in the brain and the effect of prenatal hormones

http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/44096/title/Sex-Differences-in-the-Brain/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending