The Student Room Group

Income assessment

The university I'm holding an offer from requires to apply for income assessment via Student Loans Company in order to be eligible to receive the grant from the university.

As I'm an EU student, I was wondering what kind of procedure this would be for me and what kind of proofs on my family financial status I would be required to provide.

Thanks in advance.
Original post by blowingwinds
The university I'm holding an offer from requires to apply for income assessment via Student Loans Company in order to be eligible to receive the grant from the university.

As I'm an EU student, I was wondering what kind of procedure this would be for me and what kind of proofs on my family financial status I would be required to provide.

Thanks in advance.

Contact the university and ask if you can provide evidence directly. If you're an EU student claiming funding for tuition fees only then SFE will not assess your income.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Contact the university and ask if you can provide evidence directly. If you're an EU student claiming funding for tuition fees only then SFE will not assess your income.

I contacted them and they said that the system changed this year (for 2016/2017 entry) and apparently now once you've applied for the Tuition Fee Loan, the SFE will then send you forms for household income assessment. So I'd really appreciate if anyone could give me more details on what documentation is actually required.

Also, now that the Tuition Fee Loan form for new EU students is up, I saw that in the part where it deals with previous study, there's a question: "If you did not achieve a qualification for any course listed above, why was this?" (with the evidence mark) but in the explanation says that evidence is only needed to back up compelling personal circumstances (excluding academic performance), so from what I understand the evidence needed is only that for the compelling circumstances resulting in dropping out (if there were any) and not the actual course details/attendance, etc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending