The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE UG Admissions Assessment (UGAA)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Actually, LSE is not the best school to be undergrad in, they really dont like their undergrads and i feel like they are going to reply next week...
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 61
Original post by eozcan
Actually, LSE is not the best school to be undergrad in, they really dont like their undergrads and i feel like they are going to reply next week...

I have the same feeling... :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
I've also heard their student satisfaction rating is quite low..Which is sort of weird in my opinion.
Reply 63
Everybody changes school because of that, one of my british friend last year did 5 A levels finished with 4 A* 1 A, now he's in lse he is hating his life://
😐 Woah. The only reason I applied for LSE was the fact that they seem to be pretty popular among bigger companies, therefore offering better job opportunities to their students. But I'd rather study somewhere else than spend 3 years of my life waiting for it to end.
Reply 65
You can always do your masters there, which is what their reputation is actually coming from. Thats what i will probably do
Finally long awaited news came in...Reject for M100 LLB laws at LSE, after sitting in for UGAA assessment (due to being a mature student doing Access to HE), where UGAA's section A B went well but section C maths (25%) went bad in my opinion, which may have determined the sad outcome but obviously can't say this for certain and LSE wouldn't provide feedback on UGAA. To be honest, in hindsight, as a mature mid-career applicant who's working full-time and studying alongside for an Access to HE and who literally had to stay awake rushing to finish an urgent job-related project the night before UGAA assessment, was a strategic blunder, to say the least.
As a mature student, looking to change career mid-life and who don't qualify for student finance due to personal circumstances despite being a UK citizen and taxpayer for many years) I had little choice but to work hard over the years to save up for the full-time 3 yr degree + future LPC fees (£42k and additional £45k for living costs, totaling just under £90,000 ) before I embark on 3+1 yr LPC full-time study without having to worry about financial costs. (Don't have the luxury of a 20 something yr old student to embark on without any associated family or liability commitments other than one's own study costs).

So far been rejected for UCL, KCL, both of the above due to LNAT score and with today's LSE rejection, a hat trick I guess.

My hopes are with SOAS and QMUL Law but if all fails, then would aim for LLB at either ULaw or NCH London or Birkbeck though the latter would be difficult due to evening session, as daytime session is preferred. Sadly, due to family commitment I can't relocate outside London where options would have been more wider.

I've got to thank my loving family, particularly my wife for providing me with tremendous support and encouragement and my daughter for being understanding enough to come to the terms of her father with established profession considering career change which would not come without consequences for her over the next few years but bravely and proudly accepted such change.

I wish everyone in this group best of luck before I deactivate from this group. Its been great to be part of this lively engaging discussion group.#LSE #SOAS #KCL #UCL #QMUL
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 67
I also got my rejection....
Reply 68
Original post by UKStudent2016
Finally long awaited news came in...Reject for M100 LLB laws at LSE, after sitting in for UGAA assessment (due to being a mature student doing Access to HE), where UGAA's section A B went well but section C maths (25%) went bad in my opinion, which may have determined the sad outcome but obviously can't say this for certain and LSE wouldn't provide feedback on UGAA. To be honest, in hindsight, as a mature mid career applicant who's working full-time and studying alongside for an Access to HE and who literally had to stay awake rushing to finish an urgent job related project the night before UGAA assessment, was a strategic blunder to say the least.
As a mature student, looking to change career mid life and who don't qualify for student finance due to personal circumstances despite being a UK citizen and taxpayer for many years) I had little choice but to work hard over the years to save up for the full-time 3 yr degree + future LPC fees (£42k and additional £45k for living costs, totaling just under £90,000 ) before I embark on 3+1 yr LPC full-time study without having to worry for financial costs. (Don't have the luxury of a 20 something yr old student to embark on without any associated family or liability commitments other one's own study costs).

So far been rejected for UCL, KCL, both of the above due to LNAT score and with today's LSE rejection, a hat trick I guess.

My hopes are with SOAS and QMUL Law but if all fails, then would aim for LLB at either ULaw or NCH London or Birkbeck though the latter would be difficult due to evening sessions, as daytime session is preferred. Sadly, due to family commitment I can't relocate outside London where options would have been more wider.

I've got to thank my loving family, particularly my wife for providing me with tremendous support and encouragement and my daughter for being understanding enough to come to the terms of her father with established profession considering career change which would not come without consequences for her over the next few years but bravely and proudly accepted such change.

I wish everyone in this group best of luck before I deactivate from this group. Its been great to be part of this lively engaging discussion group.#LSE #SOAS #KCL #UCL #QMUL

Sorry to here about your rejection! Good luck with the future, I hope it all goes well! You definitely deserve it:smile:
Reply 69
Original post by eozcan
I also got my rejection....

Oh I'm sorry, I was rooting for you!:/ Did you get the email just now?
Reply 70
I got my rejection for Finance because of my UGAA results...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 71
Original post by nap19
Oh I'm sorry, I was rooting for you!:/ Did you get the email just now?

No this afternoon, thank you! All the best luck for yoU!
Reply 72
Original post by eozcan
No this afternoon, thank you! All the best luck for yoU!

Thank you! Hopefully they will get back to me tomorrow! You know where you are heading for uni?
Reply 73
My firm choice is Edinburgh, and my insurance is Royal Holloway since they gave me an unconditional offer
Reply 74
Original post by eozcan
My firm choice is Edinburgh, and my insurance is Royal Holloway since they gave me an unconditional offer

Wow nice job! Both are very good unis!
I understand how hard it is to get a rejection but it's always nice to know that we all went this far and got invited to sit the test which is only a big achievement compared to those who dint even sit the test...hopefully it's tomorrow for me or the next week...plz keep this group informed about the outcome . Thanks..! 👍
Reply 76
Anyone who heard back today? Still nothing here. They could really hurry up:/
Reply 77
Still nothing here.

Sorry to those who have had rejections. I'm not holding out too much hope myself to be honest. I just want to know either way now.

Hoping it might be tomorrow!!
Original post by nap19
Anyone who heard back today? Still nothing here. They could really hurry up:/

Do u think they are sending rejections first? Like the later we hear, the better? lol
Reply 79
Original post by dayumdaniel
Do u think they are sending rejections first? Like the later we hear, the better? lol

I would have guessed they'd do it maybe by subject area? There seem to be a lot of peple hearing back from similar subjects in the other forum. But at the same time, any day you don't get a rejection is a good thing I suppose.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending