The Student Room Group

Google AI beats world Go champion in 4 out of 5 games

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jneill
:frown: although apparently the game was good (not knowing anything about Go, except that it isn't Othello, the intricacies are beyond me.)

And isn't Lee Sedol the world #2? I wonder how much £$€¥ the #1 will want to even appear nevermind win...

All of the games have been good :smile: They've all been nail-biting :afraid:

Lee Sedol I think is considered the current #1 player.

Ke Jie who has beaten Lee Sedol 8 times has challenged AlphaGo. He's a bit of a hot head :P
Reply 41
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
All of the games have been good :smile: They've all been nail-biting :afraid:

Lee Sedol I think is considered the current #1 player.

Ke Jie who has beaten Lee Sedol 8 times has challenged AlphaGo. He's a bit of a hot head :P

It all sounds rather curious... "His performance wasn't especially notable until 2013, but somehow he became very strong and powerful in 2014."
Original post by jneill
It all sounds rather curious... "His performance wasn't especially notable until 2013, but somehow he became very strong and powerful in 2014."

Are you suggesting.... Ke Jie is a robot!?! :afraid:

Facebook also has a AI program they were training at Go I think... Google beat them to it though.
Reply 43
Are you suggesting.... Ke Jie is a robot!?! :afraid:

Facebook also has a AI program they were training at Go I think... Google beat them to it though.

But are they any good at CAH...?
Every move seems to play an important role here, from the very beginning to the final end. Even if the AI can't feel and have any emotions such as stress, it can actually use it to its own advantage and even turn the tables (that would be something difficult to achieve).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
But are they any good at CAH...?

Cutting straight to the important questions :beard:
Original post by Impressive
Every move seems to play an important role here, from the very beginning to the final end. Even if the AI can't feel and have any emotions such as stress, it can actually use it to its own advantage and even turn the tables (that would be something difficult to achieve).

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you mean exactly? :holmes:
How do you mean exactly? :holmes:

I've got this image in my head but explaining it is.. Awh.. I will try.

1; what if AI makes all the moves to induce a certain feeling in human just so the player can later make a mistake.
2; you've been doing great for the first few turns, but what if you're wrong? It could be only intentional. After that, you're in dead end.

Fair play with computer =loss. That's how I see it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Does that mean AI will get human rights now?
Original post by Serine Soul

It got honorary 9 dan pro title :biggrin:
Original post by Serine Soul

I think we should aim to get human rights for all the humans first, before we start handing them out to machines. :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)

Fair play with computer =loss. That's how I see it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But Lee Sedol won one game...? :holmes:
But Lee Sedol won one game...? :holmes:

I didn't watch it, was it the first game between Lee and AI when that happened?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't watch it, was it the first game between Lee and AI when that happened?

Posted from TSR Mobile

4th game Lee Sedol played an amazing move which messed AlphaGo up :smile:
4th game Lee Sedol played an amazing move which messed AlphaGo up :smile:

Amazing move you say, he must have thought it carefully (should have looked at the title... 4th game) as for the move - computer eventually learned from this mistake.

I don't know whether I can compare chess AI to this game but sometimes I'm surprised by the moves. Especially when everything has been planned and the computer does that trick 'you either lose this pawn or that one', and of course it has an impact on the entire game. For me, winning a game with computer is not something I want to achieve, but rather learn from mistakes and practice. (a bit off-topic) ok. I'll stop here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending