The Student Room Group

Pakistani, Feminist, A Level Student AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kamran Fazal
Yes I do.

How do you deal with such extreme cognitive dissonance?
Reply 21
Ahaha :biggrin:. Well male dominance=making a woman feel inferior imo

Not necessarily
it just means the boy is quite firm on the girl and not a pushover when it comes to dealing with her tantrums
look i personally find the boy calling the shots a bit more attractive
Original post by gr8wizard10
what are the primary influencing factors in that case?

what would your parents say?

Their behavior and how they click with me is what matters. I don't think my parents would say anything.
They are absolutely disgusting as well. I hate female supremacists who identify themselves as Feminists.

So if i posed this dilemma where:

Should women and men have equal chances at the same jobs and why? if not suggest an alternative and state why?
Original post by Hydeman
What do your parents think about feminism (in the traditional, 'equal rights for all genders' sense)? :beard:

Nothing they don't talk alot about this topic.
Original post by thefatone
So if i posed this dilemma where:

Should women and men have equal chances at the same jobs and why? if not suggest an alternative and state why?

Yes certainly women and men should have equal chances at the same jobs.
Nothing they don't talk alot about this topic.

So do they expect you to be a traditional, submissive housewife when you're older? :3 (It might be a slightly stupid question, given that they're letting you study engineering, which is hardly what traditional Pakistani girls do...)
Original post by MevMev
Not necessarily
it just means the boy is quite firm on the girl and not a pushover when it comes to dealing with her tantrums
look i personally find the boy calling the shots a bit more attractive

Well that's your opinion but if a guy makes all the decisions it means either he think you're immature or you think you're immature and incapable to make decisions.
Original post by Hydeman
So do they expect you to be a traditional, submissive housewife when you're older? :3 (It might be a slightly stupid question, given that you're doing engineering, which is hardly what traditional Pakistani girls do...)

I'm a guy -_-
Reply 29
Well that's your opinion but if a guy makes all the decisions it means either he think you're immature or you think you're immature and incapable to make decisions.

yeah that i am tbf
Original post by BhagwanNoBhool
How do you deal with such extreme cognitive dissonance?

I would rather not answer this question.
Reply 31
I'm a guy -_-

awks
Original post by Hydeman
So do they expect you to be a traditional, submissive housewife when you're older? :3 (It might be a slightly stupid question, given that they're letting you study engineering, which is hardly what traditional Pakistani girls do...)

Kamran is a male name and there's a little blue clue next to his online status :laugh:
Reply 33
Yes I do.

lol
I'm a guy -_-

Oh, I see... :getmecoat:

Do you live in Pakistan?
Original post by BhagwanNoBhool
Kamran is a male name and there's a little blue clue next to his online status :laugh:

Exactly :biggrin:
Original post by Hydeman
Oh, I see... :getmecoat:

Do you live in Pakistan?

Nope. I live in Qatar (Middle East).
Nope. I live in Qatar (Middle East).

Spoiler

How did you come to view yourself as a feminist?
Yes certainly women and men should have equal chances at the same jobs.

so what if i changed this and say if a woman and man were apply for the same job and they had the same qualifications and they are both suited to do the job who would you choose?
What A-levels do you do? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest