The Student Room Group

Pakistani, Feminist, A Level Student AMA

Scroll to see replies

Can you answer why you were lying op?
Original post by Hydeman

Spoiler

How did you come to view yourself as a feminist?

I visited Pakistan last year ( my maternal and paternal family lives in a village) and got to see that more restrictions are placed on females and alot of girl dropping out of school early on and getting married as early as 19-20. It changed me alot as a person.

Spoiler

Original post by Kamran Fazal
Nope. I live in Qatar (Middle East).

How did you find your way onto a British student forum? Just curious, didn't imagine TSR was that big outside of the UK
Original post by thefatone
so what if i changed this and say if a woman and man were apply for the same job and they had the same qualifications and they are both suited to do the job who would you choose?

I'd look on their other qualities and characteristics and then choose the person appropriate.
Original post by BhagwanNoBhool
How did you find your way onto a British student forum? Just curious, didn't imagine TSR was that big outside of the UK

It's probably because he studies under the British schooling system.

TSR isn't "big" outside of the UK, but a lot of us who live outside the UK and follow the curriculum use TSR around exam time especially for model answers and such.

Its very popular outside of UK. I have like 10-15 friends on here and none of them is from the UK.
Original post by Student403

TSR isn't "big" outside of the UK, but a lot of us who live outside the UK and follow the curriculum use TSR around exam time especially for model answers and such.

This too.
Original post by Hydeman
So do they expect you to be a traditional, submissive housewife when you're older? :3 (It might be a slightly stupid question, given that they're letting you study engineering, which is hardly what traditional Pakistani girls do...)

I cracked up laughing oh lord 😂😂😂😂 he's a guy ahaha housewifeyyy

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm currently studying Pre-Engineering (Maths,Physics,Chemistry). Totally against male dominance in a relationship, women are just as capable as men.

I think male dominance rarely exists in western culture.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
What A-levels do you do? :smile:

I do Chemistry.Maths.Physics.
Original post by Hashbrowniehazie

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's already been pointed out, thanks. :emo:
Original post by Hashbrowniehazie

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same lol :ahee:
but as a manz wat can u do
i can beet u up.

u cant do nuffink.

womanz not equal u r small ppl
Sorry I speak English.

are you sure you do?
I'd look on their other qualities and characteristics and then choose the person appropriate.

what do you think of this?

[video="youtube;UWH5Yz5P76Y"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWH5Yz5P76Y[/video]
Why do you feel the need to be a feminist?
Original post by Student403

Where do you live, if you don't mind me asking? I wasn't aware many countries followed the same curriculum as Britain. Do you guys do the same qualifications and exam boards then? And are they worth the same as those in British schools?

Its very popular outside of UK. I have like 10-15 friends on here and none of them is from the UK.

Damn, I had no idea it was that popular. You mostly see the same posters in every thread so it's strange to think that so many use it.
Original post by thefatone
what do you think of this?

[video="youtube;UWH5Yz5P76Y"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWH5Yz5P76Y[/video]

Nothing more than a troll. I ignore such people.
Where do you live, if you don't mind me asking? I wasn't aware many countries followed the same curriculum as Britain. Do you guys do the same qualifications and exam boards then? And are they worth the same as those in British schools?

I study the International Edexcel board and yes its almost the same worth.
Damn, I had no idea it was that popular. You mostly see the same posters in every thread so it's strange to think that so many use it.

Timezone difference i guess.
Nothing more than a troll. I ignore such people.

the guy who edited the vid or the guy in the video?

Quick Reply

Latest