The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leinad2012
It was called Highbury library for a reason. Tbf our match going fans and arm chair fans like myself (although i do go to games wherever possible) are some of the worst in the world, we get what we deserve, more than we deserve in fact. Part of the reason leicester are killing it is because their supporters are class (like noncesons baby), they lift the players. Our fans see games as an art exhibition, silence and order must be maintained at all times.

I'm surprised one of our fans hasn't started a petition for arsene removal.

Says a lot when I was surprised that when I found out the petition started by a CP the other week wasn't by one of us. I just assumed it was as it such an Arsenal thing to do.

Hate our fanbase.
(edited 8 years ago)
Henry Winter in the Gaurdian today:

"After the deserved defeat by Watford in the FA Cup, Wenger claimed that debate about his future “is becoming a farce”. It is a farce that so many players are so frequently stricken with injury. It was a farce that Wenger started Sánchez against Norwich City in November knowing that he had a tight hamstring.

It is a farce that he has not ordered Gabriel to learn English quicker, so he can communicate with team-mates. It is a farce that he relies on Olivier Giroud as his main striker. It is a farce that Arsenal are still too open in midfield, still too tactically outmanoeuvred. It is truly a farce that nobody on the board, the successors to Sir Henry Norris, challenges a fading force."

Spot on.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Except we have hundreds of millions available to spend. We just haven't spent any. And he does take money out of the club even though he has done absolutely nothing for us. Granted not on the scale of Gillett and Hicks but still.

No you don't.. maybe brush up on your understand of Arsenal's finances. Yes there's a sizable war chest but it's not hundreds of millions. Maybe £150mil at a push.

Spending money for the sake of spending money doesn't guarantee you improvement in players. Look how much Man City and Man Utd have thrown at average players.

Granted Wenger isn't perfect but I find it crazy how much stick he gets.
Original post by Zerforax
No you don't.. maybe brush up on your understand of Arsenal's finances. Yes there's a sizable war chest but it's not hundreds of millions. Maybe £150mil at a push.

Spending money for the sake of spending money doesn't guarantee you improvement in players. Look how much Man City and Man Utd have thrown at average players.

Granted Wenger isn't perfect but I find it crazy how much stick he gets.

You're right, we shouldn't spend money for the sake of spending it. However, when he doesn't spend any money at all on outfield players during the summer and claims we didn't need any, and then guides us to 7 PL games without a win along with being knocked out of every cup competition, I'm sure you can see where there's a problem.

It's not crazy. It's completely justified.
Scenes when James Rosemond has Kroenke under extortion not to spend money
It was called Highbury library for a reason. Tbf our match going fans and arm chair fans like myself (although i do go to games wherever possible) are some of the worst in the world, we get what we deserve, more than we deserve in fact. Part of the reason leicester are killing it is because their supporters are class (like noncesons baby), they lift the players. Our fans see games as an art exhibition, silence and order must be maintained at all times.

Did you watch the game yesterday? Could hear a pin drop in that stadium. All of the fans wearing new scarves, hats and all types of merchandise. The only loud cheer came for the goal and at the 90th min. Not having this 'good atmosphere' nonsense, no ground has a good atmosphere in Premier league, only away fans make noise.
The ignorance and excuses of our faction are just unreal. Did you not see how Ranieri, just two years younger than our OAP of a manager, actually encouraged the home crowd to make more noise? The current premier league leaders are everything you want in a football club: players enjoying their football, fans being entertained, top notch management. And what's even better about them? They don't even feel the pressure!
http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/13374#.Vuf3HIGnxAh

Three years and two cups later. Same old sorry story.
Original post by shawn_o1
http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/13374#.Vuf3HIGnxAh

Three years and two cups later. Same old sorry story.

agree with what your saying, but 'three years and two cups later.' - is not the best line to go with, as 2 cups in 3 years, is a pretty decent return compared to a lot of clubs.
Our club is an utter joke. The board are a joke, the manager is a joke, the players are jokes and the fans are jokes. Sick of it.
Claude and Piers Morgan were right all along lol!
Original post by atom y humber
Imagine a united fan lecturing us. When he's team can't be ahead of this Arsenal team despite spending 300m. Sit down.

Such big mouths. Wish you'd all move to Manchester.

I included United in the bracket of teams you absolute spanner. Hence, why LVG is going to leave at the end of the season.

The difference is, we'll bring in Mou and give him as much money as he wants. You'll bring in some yes-man that will attempt to play pretty football and have to rely on Walcott, Ox, Welbeck and Campbell to become world-beaters.
Luis Enrique. His press conference suggests we are about to be spanked. But he saves that little bit of respect for Arsene at the very end. Like he means it :rolleyes:
is this our worst ever season since moving to the Emirates?

You could always make excuses when we had the likes of Gervinho and Chamakh and Squilaci and Arteta playing 50 games a season.

but now we have Cech, Nacho, Koscielny, Ozil, Alexis :confused:

memeful is the only way to describe it.

cba standing up and singing, my prawn sandwich might fall apart
Arsene currently rabbiting on about what will not happen tomorrow.
We already know what will happen. Score draw or 1 goal win to go out valiantly. Which will undoubtedly simmer the anger of the past results whilst also showing that we should have walked the league if we weren't so inconsistent.
Reply 5877
No chance we'd get either ^. Barca are going to ship in at least 3 tomorrow.
Major LOL at man thinking about 1 goal win for The Arsenal at Camp Nou init
Its what we do. Banter era has returned

Latest