The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews 2016 Postgraduate Students

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Thank you!! I will be studying Museum and Gallery Studies! By the way, I am a German applicant. Anyone else from Germany here?

Original post by GracieIsCrazy
Congratulations! What will you be studying?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by Museum
Thank you!! I will be studying Museum and Gallery Studies! By the way, I am a German applicant. Anyone else from Germany here?

That sounds like a really interesting course :smile:
I know it's a long shot, but anyone doing MSc Health Psychology?? :colondollar:

Also just wondering how old you guys are? I know it's a weird question but I somehow got the impression that a lot of the masters students would be mature students and I would be the only one straight out of uni...
Reply 22

Also just wondering how old you guys are? I know it's a weird question but I somehow got the impression that a lot of the masters students would be mature students and I would be the only one straight out of uni...

Hey, I will be 24 when the semester starts.
Hi there! Any Social Anthropology post-grads here? I have a DPhil offer that I am 95% sure I'm going to accept. I am wondering if the department offers a good social environment as well as offering enough interesting seminars, workshops etc. Any general thoughts, impressions of the department would be helpful! Thanks!
Reply 24
Original post by HCI
Congratulations! What are you going to be studying?

history
Reply 25
Who else is going to the open day on Wednesday? :smile:
Reply 26
I'll be there :smile:
Reply 27

I'll be 23 when I start :smile:
Reply 28
Hi everyone!

I currently hold a conditional offer for a postgraduate degree from St Andrews as well!
Any History/Central Eastern European Studies applicants here?

*So Excited!*
Reply 29
Original post by Diya94
Hi everyone!

I currently hold a conditional offer for a postgraduate degree from St Andrews as well!
Any History/Central Eastern European Studies applicants here?

*So Excited!*

Hello. I am going to study history. Nice to meet you.
Reply 30
Hi! Nice to meet you too :smile:

Original post by bigfrog
Hello. I am going to study history. Nice to meet you.
Hi, I am a current student at St Andrews, and have received an offer to study for the MLitt in ancient history. I am waiting to hear from others before deciding on the offer.

In the meantime, if anyone has any queries, I will be glad to answer them.

I'm doing MSc Evolutionary and Comparative Psychology in September, so same school I suppose?

I finish my bachelor's this July and I will be 23 when I start at St Andrews :-)
Original post by stuvetus
Hi, I am a current student at St Andrews, and have received an offer to study for the MLitt in ancient history. I am waiting to hear from others before deciding on the offer.

In the meantime, if anyone has any queries, I will be glad to answer them.

What sorts of leisurely things are there to do? I'm coming to St Andrews in September to do my MSc for a year. Afterwards I plan to move back down to the south, however, since it is only a year, my girlfriend is considering coming with me and just working for a year, but I'm worried she might become bored! Not looking for night life, but nice pubs and places to go for walks?
Just out of curiosity - what grades do those of you holding conditional offers need to achieve and for what course?
Original post by Swordfish123
What sorts of leisurely things are there to do? I'm coming to St Andrews in September to do my MSc for a year. Afterwards I plan to move back down to the south, however, since it is only a year, my girlfriend is considering coming with me and just working for a year, but I'm worried she might become bored! Not looking for night life, but nice pubs and places to go for walks?

Lade Braes is a well known footpath in St Andrews. The coast alongside the west and east sand beaches are also good to walk around. In fact, once you leave the town centre (North St, Market St, and South St), the whole town is quite and peaceful to take a stroll around.

There are plenty of pubs in the town centre. However, I don't go to pubs often, and can't tell you much about them.

Lastly, there are many student societies, which you can read about here. http://www.yourunion.net/activities/societies/societiesa-z/

Most of the people involved will be undergraduates, but post-graduates can take part as well. Of course, postgraduates have their own society, affiliated to St Leonards College. There is a facebook page which has a list of events for 2015-2016. You can also read about it here https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/pgstudents/stleonards/community/clubs/
Original post by stuvetus
Lade Braes is a well known footpath in St Andrews. The coast alongside the west and east sand beaches are also good to walk around. In fact, once you leave the town centre (North St, Market St, and South St), the whole town is quite and peaceful to take a stroll around.

There are plenty of pubs in the town centre. However, I don't go to pubs often, and can't tell you much about them.

Lastly, there are many student societies, which you can read about here. http://www.yourunion.net/activities/societies/societiesa-z/

Most of the people involved will be undergraduates, but post-graduates can take part as well. Of course, postgraduates have their own society, affiliated to St Leonards College. There is a facebook page which has a list of events for 2015-2016. You can also read about it here https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/pgstudents/stleonards/community/clubs/

Very informative, thank you!
Very informative, thank you!

You're welcome :smile:
Reply 38
Hey, I've just received an offer for an Mlitt in Middle Eastern & Central Asian Security Studies, but I can't decide between Andrews and Johns Hopkins SAIS in the United States. Any postgrads in the IR school here?
Just out of curiosity - what grades do those of you holding conditional offers need to achieve and for what course?

I've been offered MSc Health Psychology as long as I get a 2:1. How about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending