The Student Room Group

How to make money via bitcoin?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mahmoud X
They are not difficult to trade, they are just not particularly marketable, but then, neither are equities for many middle size corporations floated on the stock market, but you can still trade them.

It depends on the liquidity and the number of sellers. Keeping it simple tho, its down to demand and supply. 12 million bitcoins out there with low demand? free market states it is very hard to sell.
Original post by A$aprocky
It depends on the liquidity and the number of sellers. Keeping it simple tho, its down to demand and supply. 12 million bitcoins out there with low demand? free market states it is very hard to sell.

but none of this makes them impossible to trade, if you are trading in US treasury bonds, you could sell them in seconds, with Bitcoin it maybe takes 10 minutes to have your sale cleared.
but none of this makes them impossible to trade, if you are trading in US treasury bonds, you could sell them in seconds, with Bitcoin it maybe takes 10 minutes to have your sale cleared.

US treasury bonds are highly desirable assets, a very safe investment, particularly now with everything with oil prices and a global slowdown in the world economy. Any trader will know that US and German bonds are the go to place for safe secure liquid assets.

Bitcoin on the other hand is less traded (least traded in the world) and is volatile in price, meaning only a skilled trader with experience in liquid assets will know the best way to approach trading it. Think practicality! No random guy with little experience in trading can jump on to trading with Bitcoins, which is incredibly complex.
US treasury bonds are highly desirable assets, a very safe investment, particularly now with everything with oil prices and a global slowdown in the world economy. Any trader will know that US and German bonds are the go to place for safe secure liquid assets.

Bitcoin on the other hand is less traded (least traded in the world) and is volatile in price, meaning only a skilled trader with experience in liquid assets will know the best way to approach trading it. Think practicality! No random guy with little experience in trading can jump on to trading with Bitcoins, which is incredibly complex.

Being a good investment is not equivalent to being good for trading, the can't day trade US treasury bonds profitably since the variability is price is likely to be fairly low.
Being a good investment is not equivalent to being good for trading, the can't day trade US treasury bonds profitably since the variability is price is likely to be fairly low.

Its MUCH easier to trade US bonds compared to Bitcoins, without a question of a doubt. And being a good investment means demand is high as it is a desirable, so you're wrong.

Think free markets mate.
Its MUCH easier to trade US bonds compared to Bitcoins, without a question of a doubt. And being a good investment means demand is high as it is a desirable, so you're wrong.

Think free markets mate.

US treasury bonds are a good investment insofar as the risk of default is extremely low, but the expected returns are some of the lowest of any bond.

Day trading and investing are not the same, trading is gambling, when you day trade your expected returns are negative, when you make a profit, someone else makes a loss and the brokerage takes a cut
US treasury bonds are a good investment insofar as the risk of default is extremely low, but the expected returns are some of the lowest of any bond.

Day trading and investing are not the same, trading is gambling, when you day trade your expected returns are negative, when you make a profit, someone else makes a loss and the brokerage takes a cut

When i say investing, i mean just buying. And you're the one that brought US treasury bonds into this. In real time, it is easy to trade it right now.

A better example of comparison is any other currency such as the dollar or stocks, which is much easier to trade.
Lol at CPU mining. OP needs ASICS. Also, you can make decent money from spread when exchanging bitcoins.
To be honest I've read and understand the whole crypto currency concept but I've seen nothing to sell me on it being a worthwhile investment considering the risk.
It is a risky investment, in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending