The Student Room Group

Is feminism the greatest fairytale story ever told?

I enjoy a good fantasy fairytale story/movie as much as anyone else but I think feminism takes the biscuit. Do you agree?

Feminism the fantasy story of good and evil, were women play the good side and men play the evil. What is your favourite fairytale story?

I put feminism above Cinderella and Snow white. Anastasia is a good story though because it's based to some degree in reality although exaggerated and turned into a work of fiction, plus what a great animation it was and beautiful songs to sing along to, in Anastasia women and men help each other wonderfully.

Scroll to see replies

I prefer meninism, I love a comedy!
Original post by Mancini
I enjoy a good fantasy fairytale story/movie as much as anyone else but I think feminism takes the biscuit. Do you agree?

Feminism the fantasy story of good and evil, were women play the good side and men play the evil. What is your favourite fairytale story?

I put feminism above Cinderella and Snow white. Anastasia is a good story though because it's based to some degree in reality although exaggerated and turned into a work of fiction, plus what a great animation it was and beautiful songs to sing along to, in Anastasia women and men help each other wonderfully.

There is no story in gender inequality.
Reply 3
Original post by Blondie987

Ah don't we all love a good comedy, makes the heart warm.
Reply 4
Original post by Tinemither
There is no story in gender inequality.

You are mistaken.

I don't mean to fight back to you, but meninism is the struggle against female supremacy (which is being campaigned for by a growing number of women (often known as feminazism, nowadays)). It is very valid, but of course there are men who fall into an extremist branch of that group who haven't released the grasp of male supremacy, which is now almost (if not wholly) deconstructed to allow for gender equality.
I don't mean to fight back to you, but meninism is the struggle against female supremacy (which is being campaigned for by a growing number of women (often known as feminazism, nowadays)). It is very valid, but of course there are men who fall into an extremist branch of that group who haven't released the grasp of male supremacy, which is now almost (if not wholly) deconstructed to allow for gender equality.

Meh, don't worry, at the end of the day they're just words, you're gonna get crazy extremists regardless, as long as we're all fighting for gender equality
Reply 7
The story of feminism is literally bigger then Star Wars and Avatar this is a cash cow waiting to be put on screen, J.J Abrams or Steven Spielberg need to make it.
Meh, don't worry, at the end of the day they're just words, you're gonna get crazy extremists regardless, as long as we're all fighting for gender equality

'Words have meaning, but actions speak.' - Julien Sillard
The more we do now, the easoer ot will be in the future. If we sit here, letting the nub OP talk all this BS about feminism and let feminists talk the same about meninism, we will never reach gender equality. Because it will be a form of turf war, since if feminists disregard meninism, female supremacy is likely to emerge. If men like OP follow his POV, crap like the 1950s will return. We need to see that equality starts with respect, and everyone deserves it.
Sure.

Men are the wicked witches in my feminist fairytale.
Reply 10
The more we do now, the easoer ot will be in the future. If we sit here, letting the nub OP talk all this BS about feminism and let feminists talk the same about meninism, we will never reach gender equality. Because it will be a form of turf war, since if feminists disregard meninism, female supremacy is likely to emerge. If men like OP follow his POV, crap like the 1950s will return. We need to see that equality starts with respect, and everyone deserves it.

Turf War is the disequilibrium within the feminist fairytale story, a great war which threatens feminism and must be overcome by the feminists in order to supremely reign over all who stand in their way, men , women and children.

This fairytale deserves the big screen treatment, so much potential and imagine the large female cast.
(edited 8 years ago)

ohhhhhh blondie takes no prisoners. :h:
Reply 12

Feminists don't want equality "feminism is specifically about empowering women." The quote is from a feminist and I was told to read up on what feminism was about by a feminist who linked me an article with that in then got unhappy with me that feminists own words destroy her argument.

I agree talking about things make them easier but repeatedly talking about things that are proven to be untrue doesn't help the fight for true equality.
Original post by Serine Soul
Sure.

Men are the wicked witches in my feminist fairytale.

Am I a wicked witch? Hopefully not... I support the feminist movement (not radicalism, but liberals, reformist, dual systems, etc.). Go me, egalitarianism!
ur existence is the greatest joke ever told
Love how some hardline feminists will soon be joking around in this thread, dont be so untrue to yourselves
Reply 16
I think I have thought of a good name for this fairytale about feminists , Femenopia. Put the words feminism and utopia together and you get the fairytale story femenopia.
The trolldetector is giving readings so strong
Original post by joecphillips
Feminists don't want equality "feminism is specifically about empowering women." The quote is from a feminist and I was told to read up on what feminism was about by a feminist who linked me an article with that in then got unhappy with me that feminists own words destroy her argument.

I agree talking about things make them easier but repeatedly talking about things that are proven to be untrue doesn't help the fight for true equality.

The story in all of this is believing that, and panicking that, women's fight for equality is a fight for supremacy. People often mistake radical feminism (what you lot refer to as feminazism) which believes in the subordination of men for the general feminist argument. Sadly, because everyone focuses on the worse points of society, we are showered with negativity portrayed by radicalism where the vast majority don't wish to pursue this.
Am I a wicked witch? Hopefully not... I support the feminist movement (not radicalism, but liberals, reformist, dual systems, etc.). Go me, egalitarianism!

Yes you are :angry:

You gave me so many poisoned apples, put me to sleep etc. You monster!

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending