The Student Room Group

Spanish GCSE Useful Phrases

I have a Spanish speaking assessment in a few weeks time, and was wondering if anyone has any phrases, connectives, vocab (etc.) I could use in my exam in order to get an A/A*.

I'd appreciate any comments, just fire away!

Muchas gracias
:smile:
It depends how complicated you want to make it:
A few i found useful at GCSE were:

(Es imprescindible/necesario que) vaya al corazón de la ciudad.(Subjunctive here)
--Its necessary to go to the centre of the city.

(Para colmo de males)
--to make things worse..

(Para que) pudiéramos levantarnos pronto al día siguiente.(subjunctive here)
--So that we were able to get up early the next day

(Por otro lado)
-- On the other hand

Using different forms of the word 'but' just to vary your vocabulary so..
pero (however)
sino (rather or instead)
mas (except or other than)

Or just idiomatic phrases like:
Vale la pena
-- It is worth it

Message me if you want any more nice or complex phrases - hope this helped a bit :smile:
Original post by jackster281
It depends how complicated you want to make it:
A few i found useful at GCSE were:

(Es imprescindible/necesario que) vaya al corazón de la ciudad.(Subjunctive here)
--Its necessary to go to the centre of the city.

(Para colmo de males)
--to make things worse..

(Para que) pudiéramos levantarnos pronto al día siguiente.(subjunctive here)
--So that we were able to get up early the next day

(Por otro lado)
-- On the other hand

Using different forms of the word 'but' just to vary your vocabulary so..
pero (however)
sino (rather or instead)
mas (except or other than)

Or just idiomatic phrases like:
Vale la pena
-- It is worth it

Message me if you want any more nice or complex phrases - hope this helped a bit :smile:

Thanks so much for your help, it will definitely be of use to me! Out of curiosity, what grade are you currently? We could have a conversation in Spanish to practise
Original post by tameimpalaaa
Thanks so much for your help, it will definitely be of use to me! Out of curiosity, what grade are you currently? We could have a conversation in Spanish to practise

Well I am doing A2 Spanish at the minute but I got myself an a* at GCSE Very lucky haha! I found that it took a lot of pressure off if you did well in the orals and stuff :smile: hope it helped and yea sure anytime👌🏿

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jackster281
Well I am doing A2 Spanish at the minute but I got myself an a* at GCSE Very lucky haha! I found that it took a lot of pressure off if you did well in the orals and stuff :smile: hope it helped and yea sure anytime👌🏿

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great! You must be really fluent. What resources did you use to revise/improve?

I managed to get an A* in my writing controlled assessment, but that's the only exam we've done so far which counts towards the final GCSE.
Original post by tameimpalaaa
That's great! You must be really fluent. What resources did you use to revise/improve?

I managed to get an A* in my writing controlled assessment, but that's the only exam we've done so far which counts towards the final GCSE.

At GCSE I really loved Spanish but I didn't really use a lot of resources to revise. I got one of the specification vocab booklets and learned about 10 words a night for about 4 weeks - actually made such a difference and would definitely recommend learning like 5 words a night, even at bed, it really makes the exam so much easier

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending