The Student Room Group

Top 5 universities with the most ducks

Scroll to see replies

The problem with ducks is they produce a lot of crap. This is the reason why I rejected York.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Do seagulls count as ducks? Because if they do Brighton or Sussex wins hands down. Also it it'd have to be settled with a seagull chip fight or something rather than a race.

Or a new ranking: Top UK universities with the most evil, lunch stealing ASBO sea birds.

:laugh:

PRSOM :frown:
Original post by PQ
Do you know any universities with high densities of flamingoes?

Chester Zoo has them so maybe there are some escapees at the university.
Original post by Pixsoul
:laugh:

PRSOM :frown:

I see you've visited Brighton.

In my old flat there was one that used to stand outside the kitchen window and stare at me. I've witnessed one swallow a giant burger, whole, in front of a whole beer garden full of stunned pub goers. :noway:

In my old flat there was one that used to stand outside the kitchen window and stare at me. I've witnessed one swallow a giant burger, whole, in front of a whole beer garden full of stunned pub goers. :noway:

Edit: I really like seagulls. Their "**** you I don't give a ****" attitude is worthy of respect.
Warwick has many geese and some ducks, moorhens, coots, swans and herons, which supposedly all count as ducks. There's some seaguls too.
I can hear the geese now.

There are ducks that live on the roof of the maths department.
Edit: I looked at the website and they missed out two of the lakes.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by PQ

Edit: I really like seagulls. Their "**** you I don't give a ****" attitude is worthy of respect.

That picture gets me everytime. :rofl:

Also this gem from The Argus - there is a war:

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by good bloke
but the college obviously has a lot of chickens among its staff.

yharapbtur !

Haha yes, back in my London days.

:lolwut:

To be fair, we have an evil pack of Seagulls that haunt one of the retail parks up here (near Sheffield)... the evil streak in me does chuckle at the people running across the car park trying to avoid them though.

They're basically pterodactyls with feathers and an attitude problem.

They get everywhere - even Glastonbury which is miles inshore

er... u better back down m8.

You're Pekin a fight with the wrong man, son.
Duck density.org.uk lists the top UK universities with the highest duck density.

York dominates the table with a DD (duck density) of 14.5.

Leeds comes second with a DD of 6.7, followed by Roehampton with a DD of 3.1

Here's the top five:

1) York, 14.5
2) Leeds, 6.7
3) Roehampton, 3.1
4) East Anglia, 2.8
5) Nottingham, 1.4

I'm at the wrong university...
Original post by Plagioclase
I'm at the wrong university...

Yes, Roehampton has a beautiful lake with beautiful ducks (and swans and koi carp lol) !!!
Do seagulls count as ducks? Because if they do Brighton or Sussex wins hands down. Also it it'd have to be settled with a seagull chip fight or something rather than a race.

Or a new ranking: Top UK universities with the most evil, lunch stealing ASBO sea birds.

Seagulls aren't ducks. They're blood-thirsty food-thieves.

Original post by PQ
Do you know any universities with high densities of flamingoes?

I would attend that university.

Also this gem from The Argus - there is a war:

My favourite Argus headline is still 'Seagull Stole My Dentures'.
This is my favourite university-based duck.

Every spring she returns to the quad in the Uni of Manchester's Kilburn Building, lays some eggs and hatches them out. This is a very sensible thing to do, because the only way to get in and out of the quad is through the building, or by flying, so it's completely safe for her ducklings. They tried to discourage her, before giving up and providing a small pond for her :ROFL:

1458082187896.jpg
1458082284048.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Origami Bullets
This is my favourite university-based duck.

Every spring she returns to the quad in the Uni of Manchester's Kilburn Building, lays some eggs and hatches them out. This is a very sensible thing to do, because the only way to get in and out of the quad is through the building, or by flying, so it's completely safe for her ducklings. They tried to discourage her, before giving up and providing a small pond for her :ROFL:

1458082187896.jpg
1458082284048.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can tell it's safe - she's got loads of ducklings.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending