The Student Room Group

No new school uniform

Recently my school asked students and parents weather the school should have a new uniform they showed us ideas I really didn't want a new uniform. Thankfully the school isn't getting one after most of us rejected it what's people's opinion?
Proposed uniform
School blazer
School tie
White shirt
School trousers
Lather school shoes no trainers plimsolls boots or heels
Current uniform
School jumper
School polo shirt
School trousers
School shoes or plain black lace up plimsolls or black trainers as alternative no heels or boots

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
-------
Reply 2
i went to an all girls school and we had to wear dakr tights, skirt, shirt, tie and jumper and the all boys school next to us had the same as your proposed new uniform

nothing wrong with it
Reply 3
Your proposed new uniform is what a lot of schools currently have
I thought only primary schools had polo shirts as uniform. All of the schools near me (that I can recall) have blazer and shirt as uniform. Its not that deep.
You should count yourself lucky. I had to wear grey corduroy shorts at school till the age of 13, all year round.
I had to wear an ugly red jumper and a striped shirt/dress
Reply 7
Nought wrong with that, shame it was rejected.
All the schools in my area moved on from polos and jumpers a long time ago, they look scruffy.
Reply 8
This doesn't your answer but when I was in year 9, going onto year 10. The school changed our uniform from a pretty decent uniform to blue shirts and everyone wearing blazers (we all looked identical) and honestly, it was such as waste of money.
Reply 9
Original post by Inazuma
Nought wrong with that, shame it was rejected.
All the schools in my area moved on from polos and jumpers a long time ago, they look scruffy.

I'm so glad the uniform didn't change think the uniform is smart enough
Reply 10
Plus the school came up with a better uniform policy where you can now wear plain black trainers or black plimsolls in stead of school shoes even though most people did before
Original post by Tomj200
Recently my school asked students and parents weather the school should have a new uniform they showed us ideas I really didn't want a new uniform. Thankfully the school isn't getting one after most of us rejected it what's people's opinion?
Proposed uniform
School blazer
School tie
White shirt
School trousers
Current uniform
School jumper
School polo shirt
School trousers
School shoes or plain black lace up plimsolls or black trainers as alternative no heels or boots

whether. leather. Sorry the spelling mistakes were annoying me. And the new uniform they proposed sounds pretty standard. I was lucky enough not to have to wear a blazer at school, but most schools in my area have them & we did have to wear button up shirts, polos were for PE only. And we couldn't wear plimsolls or trainers.
Honestly I think the proposed new uniform sounds much nicer. All through high school I wore a uniform almost identical to that and it looked much smarter. I agree with an above poster that said polo shirts look scruffy.
Original post by Tomj200
Proposed uniform
School blazer
School tie
White shirt
School trousers
Current uniform
School jumper
School polo shirt
School trousers

Proposed uniform is way better. Much smarter.

School is a formal environment and therefore there should be a uniform. I wish my sixth form had uniform...
Polos should be left back in primary school. In secondary school you should be wearing a proper uniform. It might be uncomfortable and annoying at times but it prepares you for when you get a job where you're wearing a suite all day everyday. You also get used to the feel and restrictions so it's not as awkward in more formal situations like interviews and dinners. You learn to take care of your appearance, tying a tie and meeting standards. Plus it's gotta be embarrassing later on in life, it implies that people from your school weren't grown up and mature enough to have a proper uniform.
Reply 15
Original post by NekoAngel13
Polos should be left back in primary school. In secondary school you should be wearing a proper uniform. It might be uncomfortable and annoying at times but it prepares you for when you get a job where you're wearing a suite all day everyday. You also get used to the feel and restrictions so it's not as awkward in more formal situations like interviews and dinners. You learn to take care of your appearance, tying a tie and meeting standards. Plus it's gotta be embarrassing later on in life, it implies that people from your school weren't grown up and mature enough to have a proper uniform.

I would be embarrassed to wear a tie and blazer and proper school shoes how are polos primary I think all schools should wear them
Reply 16
Plus non of the schools wear I live have ties and blazers the other schools have uniforms like mine
Reply 17
How are tie and blazers anyway they look like your going to a wedding would hate it
Reply 18
I agree with everybody else that polos should stay with your primary school when you leave. Secondary school is meant to be a more professional environment and proper shirts, ties and blazers complement that. I have the opinion that blazers shouldn't be compulsory until you get to being a senior pupil or until you become a prefect. Part of the idea of a smarter uniform for me is that pupils take a bit more pride in making themselves look smart/cleaner if others do.
The proposed uniform would again better prepare you for a professional working environment, where in a lot of cases it would be pretty frowned upon to turn up in a polo, joggies, and pumps.
I wear my school tie and blazer as a sign of identity and of seniority (we have different ties at my school for what year group you are in S1/2 - red, S3/4 - blue, S5/6 - black), I do not mind at all, but then I like doing my best to look clean/smart. It's weird at first having to wear a tie but it wore off after a few weeks for me. Plus there's loads of pockets so that's a bonus.
And the idea that shirts/ties/blazers/suits are only for special events is ridiculous.
Reply 19
Original post by PTS_99
I agree with everybody else that polos should stay with your primary school when you leave. Secondary school is meant to be a more professional environment and proper shirts, ties and blazers complement that. I have the opinion that blazers shouldn't be compulsory until you get to being a senior pupil or until you become a prefect. Part of the idea of a smarter uniform for me is that pupils take a bit more pride in making themselves look smart/cleaner if others do.
The proposed uniform would again better prepare you for a professional working environment, where in a lot of cases it would be pretty frowned upon to turn up in a polo, joggies, and pumps.
I wear my school tie and blazer as a sign of identity and of seniority (we have different ties at my school for what year group you are in S1/2 - red, S3/4 - blue, S5/6 - black), I do not mind at all, but then I like doing my best to look clean/smart. It's weird at first having to wear a tie but it wore off after a few weeks for me. Plus there's loads of pockets so that's a bonus.
And the idea that shirts/ties/blazers/suits are only for special events is ridiculous.

I think wearing a suit and leather school shoes is a joke jumper Polo shirt school trouser and pumps is good enough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending