The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Of course Wenger is dedicated to Arsenal he is stealing a living 8m a year for this crap. The man is a failure nothing more nothing less and that's not disrespectful it's just the truth
Original post by AliRizzo
Nice to know defending the greatest figure in this club's history from abuse makes me a retard.

Our Greatest figure in our clubs history is Thierry Henry.

Not a manager that has gone 12 years without a league title.
Original post by wdkmwd
Our Greatest figure in our clubs history is Thierry Henry.

Not a manager that has gone 12 years without a league title.

Lollllll keep telling yourself that kid. The same Thierry Henry who packed his bags and ran to Barca as soon as the going got tough? Not the man who's practically dying for this club trying to keep morons like yourself entertained every week? F*cks sake we really do have the worst fanbase with people like you lurking.
(edited 8 years ago)
Lollllll keep telling yourself that kid. The same Thierry Henry that packed his bags and ran to Barca as soon as the going got tough? Not the man who's practically dying for this club trying to keep morons like yourself entertained every week? F*cks sake we really do have the worst fanbase with people like you lurking.

You dumbass, Henry didn't leave when the going got tough. He left when he was past his prime and nearing his 30's. He played at Arsenal during his prime and achieved his greatest feats at Arsenal. Only reason Arsene wenger is still at the club is because morons like you have no problem seeing him collect £8,000,000 a year for finishing 4th every season.

He would have been on the unemployment desk had he gone 8 years without a trophy at any other major club.
Henry left Arsenal because he knew we could never win the CL so he went to Barca and won it. I don't think he did anything wrong at all
Original post by wdkmwd
You dumbass, Henry didn't leave when the going got tough. He left when he was past his prime and nearing his 30's. He played at Arsenal during his prime and achieved his greatest feats at Arsenal. Only reason Arsene wenger is still at the club is because morons like you have no problem seeing him collect £8,000,000 a year for finishing 4th every season.

He would have been on the unemployment desk had he gone 8 years without a trophy at any other major club.

My biggest flaw is arguing with dumbasses like yourself. Henry left when he was 27, if anything that's nowhere near what his prime years should have been. Wenger's had several offers to go to other clubs but chose to stay and oversee a massive project with Arsenal where he knew his funds would be limited and managing this club would be a huge task. He got through it OK, but he hasn't managed to find his previous level since 2013, hence why a lot of fans have changed their stance (including me).

He's not one of the best managers in the world anymore but that doesn't mean he deserves abuse from nonces like yourself. He's acknowledged as the greatest figure in Arsenal's history and you're a nobody, get over it.
Alan Curbishley. He got 15 years in charge of Woolwich's neighbours without winning anything significant (except the championship). Dario G's 24 years at Crewe in which he relegated them three times? Yeah sure they're much smaller clubs but I think you can see what happened the moment their long- serving stalwarts called it a day.

Oh, and good old Ronnie McFail went almost 14 years without winning a league you'd expect Wenger to win every year.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by al_94
Henry left Arsenal because he knew we could never win the CL so he went to Barca and won it. I don't think he did anything wrong at all

He was past his prime. He gave his best for Arsenal and unfortunately it wasn't good enough to win the Big one.
My biggest flaw is arguing with dumbasses like yourself. Henry left when he was 27, if anything that's nowhere near what his prime years should have been. Wenger's had several offers to go to other clubs but chose to stay and oversee a massive project with Arsenal where he knew his funds would be limited and managing this club would be a huge task. He got through it OK, but he hasn't managed to find his previous level since 2013, hence why a lot of fans have changed their stance (including me).

He's not one of the best managers in the world anymore but that doesn't mean he deserves abuse from nonces like yourself. He's acknowledged as the greatest figure in Arsenal's history and you're a nobody, get over it.

I'll do some easy basic mathematics that even a 3 year old could do.

We are in 2016. Henry is 38 years old. He left Arsenal in 2007.

HOW THE HELL WAS HE 27 WHEN HE LEFT ARSENAL YOU F*UCKING MENTALLY DEFICIENT DUMBA*SS

"My biggest flaw is arguing with dumbasses like yourself"

This has to be the biggest showpiece of stupidity I've ever come across.

Ever.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by wdkmwd
I'll do some easy basic mathematics that even a 3 year old could do.

We are in 2016. Henry is 38 years old. He left Arsenal in 2007.

HOW THE HELL WAS HE 27 WHEN HE LEFT ARSENAL.

"My biggest flaw is arguing with dumbass like yourself"

This has to be the biggest showpiece of stupidity I've ever come across.

Ever.

Nice, ignore the rest of the argument and pick up on a memory mistake. He was 29, big deal. Still doesn't sway my argument, 29 should be around his prime years.
Nice, ignore the rest of the argument and pick up on a memory mistake. He was 29, big deal. Still doesn't sway my argument, 29 should be around his prime years.

Mate, you've already proven to everyone that you're just another autistic tosser, looking for a late night online argument.

Go take your sedatives and sleep you ignorant, clueless, mentally exiguous supercilious scumbag.
Original post by wdkmwd
Mate, you've already proven to everyone that you're just another autistic tosser, looking for a late night online argument.

Go take your sedatives and sleep you ignorant, clueless, mentally exiguous supercilious scumbag.

You can put your thesaurus away now, that was quite a mouthful.
You can put your thesaurus away now, that was quite a mouthful.

I only aims to please :smile:

And no, i didn't have a thesaurus at hand. I'm just a young well educated Arsenal fan, who was probably an even bigger Wenger supporter than you, but couldn't do it anymore after the conspicuous catastrophes that caught our team this season.
The last page just screams autism.
We were never in a title race. Our perfect October just gave Us the necessary points haul to continue our perennial cl qualification (and even that is under threat). If we had lost our October fixtures we'd have picked up the points in the other "winnable" fixtures that we lost
Original post by shawn_o1
We were never in a title race. Our perfect October just gave Us the necessary points haul to continue our perennial cl qualification (and even that is under threat). If we had lost our October fixtures we'd have picked up the points in the other "winnable" fixtures that we lost

I just lost it after the Southampton 0-0 game, and gave up after the Swansea 1-2 game.

That's when I knew that Wenger really is just an overrated arrogant manager.

Original post by wdkmwd

We're certainly in the Arsenal thread...
Arsene's stayed at Arsenal for two decades without really progressing for half of that time, and has never been compelled to move on. Either he's incredibly loyal or he's incredibly comfortable, like an MP in a safe seat. I wonder if he's addicted to money, like Sven.

Henry moved because he had ambition and adventure.
**** me this thread is **** now.

We are in a huge CL game tonight, and all you lot can do is have a pissing contest and bicker about wenger.

--

For tonight I honestly cant see anything positive.. it does not feel like previous years where there was a small hope they would take it easy and let us go out respectably (bayern at home etc, when they just did not really care, until we scored a couple)

Even if barca are taking it easy, they will still destroy us.

Last time we played them, we could not score for ****.. but defended well overal.

Well now, we still cant score for **** - and we are also defending like **** as well..

I will wake up to watch it at 4am, but only because it feels like a disservice to miss a huge game, not because of any hope of a result. Honestly, conceed less then 3, and the fans should be satisfied, given our current form. Score a goal, would be icing on the cake
More important than the cl game tonight is the early 2pm kick off, where my uni football team needs to avoid defeat to secure promotion and the title. Reason we're there in the mix for the title? Because we have a winning mentality and don't bottle it against the **** teams in our league..

Latest