The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by difeo
Possibly, it could easily be the difference.

Unless you're genuinely claiming that conceding the goal wasn't probably a bad thing for us, it's not valid.

Part of it is because I'm going to the game and it's now been unfairly transformed from a really exciting game with everything to play for with us slight favourites, to you being heavy favourites. But you wouldn't know about that, you armchair supporter!! #channellingmyinnerWilf #Tornadoisthatyou

Still bitter? The tie is in progress, seems like an appropriate time to be bitter.

Irrelevant, the ball wouldn't have reached Carrick.

Let's be honest, if you look hard enough in to a match, you can always find something to moan about. You're just looking for it because you simply can't accept we're a better team right now.

You're the only United fan on here that argued at all. Everybody else knows you were lucky to get away with 2-0 and accept your performance was woeful.

Yes we're heavy favourites it that doesn't mean the tie is over. If you score in the opening 20 minutes, the game is back on. That being said, if we score you might as well pack up and go home.
Original post by Lúcio
Let's be honest, if you look hard enough in to a match, you can always find something to moan about. You're just looking for it because you simply can't accept we're a better team right now.

You're the only United fan on here that argued at all. Everybody else knows you were lucky to get away with 2-0 and accept your performance was woeful.

Yes we're heavy favourites it that doesn't mean the tie is over. If you score in the opening 20 minutes, the game is back on. That being said, if we score you might as well pack up and go home.

All the United fans on here are wrong as well then

Clearly we're not going to agree. I think you deserve to win if you score more legitimate goals than the other team, you think you deserve to win based on the unquantifiable "playing better" regardless of whether you're able to actually score goals, i.e. the point of football
Stop giving him the attention he craves. What a tedious ****ing argument

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gob Bluth
Stop giving him the attention he craves. What a tedious ****ing argument

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea it's past ridiculous and boring. Usually people make the effort to have a tangible argument before trying to WUM.
Anyone who disagrees with me is an attention seeking troll!!
Klopp's speaking up Allan and making him seem a real talent. He's only 19, obviously, but I think Klopp wants to give him some first-team game experience sooner rather than later. He's been called up to the Brazil Under-20s squad recently, if I recall correctly.

Really want to see him play. Haven't seen a thing of him.
Original post by Mackay
Klopp's speaking up Allan and making him seem a real talent. He's only 19, obviously, but I think Klopp wants to give him some first-team game experience sooner rather than later. He's been called up to the Brazil Under-20s squad recently, if I recall correctly.

Really want to see him play. Haven't seen a thing of him.

How long do we have to keep sending him out on loan before he can play for us?
Original post by Zerforax
How long do we have to keep sending him out on loan before he can play for us?

A non-EU player will need to meet the following criteria:

- Player must have played in a minimum of 75% of his home country’s senior competitive international fixtures

The issue is that this does NOT include friendlies, Under-21s, or Under-20s matches.

However, after the initial work permit application, we can appeal the decision and present a case that establishes that Allan is an "exceptional player and will contribute to the develop of English football".

So, basically, the latter is our best chance. We need him to keep impressing on loan, but it's likely we won't see him until 2017/18 at the earliest.
Original post by Mackay
A non-EU player will need to meet the following criteria:

- Player must have played in a minimum of 75% of his home country’s senior competitive international fixtures

The issue is that this does NOT include friendlies, Under-21s, or Under-20s matches.

However, after the initial work permit application, we can appeal the decision and present a case that establishes that Allan is an "exceptional player and will contribute to the develop of English football".

So, basically, the latter is our best chance. We need him to keep impressing on loan, but it's likely we won't see him until 2017/18 at the earliest.

Do clubs not use the residency for 3 years to get an EU passport? Or does that not exist anymore?
Do clubs not use the residency for 3 years to get an EU passport? Or does that not exist anymore?

I think so. Even so, that'll be 2017/18, won't it?
GRAEME SOUNESS: WHERE IT ALL WENT WRONG FOR ME AT LIVERPOOL

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2016/03/graeme-souness-where-it-all-went-wrong-for-me-at-liverpool/

Thought it was a really good read tbh.
Moreno a doubt for tomorrow.
Original post by mr tim

Can't say I'm disappointed in the slightest...
Original post by mr tim

Who do we play at LB instead with Flanagan not in the squad? Smith?

Smith or Milner I would presume.
Original post by samir12
Smith or Milner I would presume.

I guess Sakho could always move to LB too.

Smith most likely.
I guess Sakho could always move to LB too.

There's about 10 players in our squad I'd rather at LB
Quite nervous about tonight.
Logically we should be fine - we're playing much better football and have a 2 goal advantage.

However this is Manchester United at Old Trafford. It doesn't matter how bad their team is, they can always do something special at this venue.
Not having Flanagan in the EL squad could really bite us in the arse tonight. This would be the ideal game, with the way we're looking to approach it, to bring him in for the injured Moreno. He has thrived against United in the past.

Latest