The Student Room Group

gap year in Australia?

Hi, I'm from the UK and am wanting to spend my gap year in Australia... does anyone have any suggestions of places to go/stay, groups to go with, or jobs (possibly related to hotel management/advertisement?) out there? Actually I'd welcome any help whatsoever :smile::smile:
Reply 1
Original post by darklipsdarksoul
Hi, I'm from the UK and am wanting to spend my gap year in Australia... does anyone have any suggestions of places to go/stay, groups to go with, or jobs (possibly related to hotel management/advertisement?) out there? Actually I'd welcome any help whatsoever :smile::smile:

Bit of a broad question there. Theres plenty of companies which offer introduction type weeks which are a good way of meeting fellow travellers and grouping up to continue travelling together.
Original post by Reue
Bit of a broad question there. Theres plenty of companies which offer introduction type weeks which are a good way of meeting fellow travellers and grouping up to continue travelling together.

Yes, sorry!! I don't have many requirements as of yet - just looking to see if anyone has had any good experiences with particular companies or organisations. At the moment I'm very open to suggestions, my school is very focused on getting their students to uni (but I've decided that it's not for me) and they don't give much help on other 'after school options'... so any help at all is appreciated :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by darklipsdarksoul
Yes, sorry!! I don't have many requirements as of yet - just looking to see if anyone has had any good experiences with particular companies or organisations. At the moment I'm very open to suggestions, my school is very focused on getting their students to uni (but I've decided that it's not for me) and they don't give much help on other 'after school options'... so any help at all is appreciated :smile:

Personally I went with these guys: https://www.ozintro.com/

It was pretty good, although you can do everything they package together separately for cheaper. Mostly though it was a good way of meeting people who I then travelled with for several months after.
Original post by Reue
Personally I went with these guys: https://www.ozintro.com/

It was pretty good, although you can do everything they package together separately for cheaper. Mostly though it was a good way of meeting people who I then travelled with for several months after.

okay, thanks so much :smile:
Just watch out for the snakes, spiders and other lethal organisms.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending