The Student Room Group

PGCE Design and Technology (Dyslexia/ADHD)

Hi All,

I have a number of questions I would like to ask regarding Dyslexia or ADHD, I am currently studying for my skills tests and re taking some GCSE'S to enter UEL for design technology come September. I want to go get tested for either Dyslexia or ADHD, I am not sure which category I fall under as both my symptoms fall under both topics.

The question I have is, once I finished university and completed my 1 year NQT I want to travel abroad and teach. Will other countries such like Australia or deprived countries like Ghana will over see my Dyslexia, I would want to teach in international private school and i'm wondering if I would be unemployable due to Dyslexia or ADHD.

I also want to ask if I can finish my NQT after uni in a different country and if anyone has done so in the past.

Thank you, any advice would be great.
If you have the right qualifications etc. they can't refuse you work on the basis of a diagnosis, it goes against the discrimination of disability law.
Original post by Noodlzzz
If you have the right qualifications etc. they can't refuse you work on the basis of a diagnosis, it goes against the discrimination of disability law.

Thank you Noodlzzz, this is a common known law throughout all the private schools around the world.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending