The Student Room Group

Women Protection Bill protested by religious leaders as 'un-Islamic'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Hydeman
There's a good bet that this thread will eventually be deleted, too.

I will wreak havoc on this site if it does :laugh:

Seriously though there's absolutely no way a deletion of this topic can be justified even by TSR's standards.
Original post by wdkmwd
"Freedom of speech"

It's great when they criticise western women calling them whores but when we do the reverse and called islamic women oppressed because of their religion, we get reported.

There's nothing to be done about it, I'm afraid. :dontknow:
The Punjab Protection of Women against Violence Act 2016 actually passed in Parliament, it's just that one crazy group that is asking the government to retract it.

Original post by carlskep
Nor is it beyond them to report posts that states what the Koran says.

You link doesn't work.
Original post by carlskep
I will wreak havoc on this site if it does :laugh:

Seriously though there's absolutely no way a deletion of this topic can be justified even by TSR's standards.

'Rules are made to be broken.' Or so, I've gathered :rolleyes:.
Reply 44
Original post by Hydeman
Of course it can be justified by TSR's standards. The thread topic is almost irrelevant to the Islam-related threads that get deleted -- it's usually to do with the debate veering too far off-topic (again, by TSR standards) or becoming 'unconstructive' (before some I-Soc brownshirt considers reporting this for 'discussing specific moderation actions' -- this is from a post by a former moderator on a public thread, which I'm happy to link if required).

I'm not a racist but HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Reply 45
Original post by HAnwar
Try doing your own research without using wikiislam.
An atheist using WikiIslam is no different to a Muslim using IslamQA, which I have seen many Muslims use as a reference source on TSR (perhaps even yourself?)

Every article on WikiIslam has links to the relvant Quran verses, hadith or sirah, just like IslamQA (and all the other similar sites).

I really fail to understand what the difference is supposed to be...unless it is the usual "Pro Islam=good. Anti-Islam=bad" argument.

It is interesting that sceptics feel comfortable use both sources as reference, whereas apologists will only use one. I wonder why that is?
Original post by wdkmwd
I'm not a racist but HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's not a reference to race/skin colour. :erm:

Spoiler

It's a reference to the concerted efforts made by some members of the TSR I-Soc to get TSRians who are critical of their religion banned by mass-reporting their posts for minor offences. I'll stop there, though, before someone reports me for 'off-topic discussion.' :rofl:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by QE2
An atheist using WikiIslam is no different to a Muslim using IslamQA, which I have seen many Muslims use as a reference source on TSR (perhaps even yourself?)

Every article on WikiIslam has links to the relvant Quran verses, hadith or sirah, just like IslamQA (and all the other similar sites).

I really fail to understand what the difference is supposed to be...unless it is the usual "Pro Islam=good. Anti-Islam=bad" argument.

It is interesting that sceptics feel comfortable use both sources as reference, whereas apologists will only use one. I wonder why that is?

It's the same old, 'Ha! You used Wikipedia, so you're wrong/ignorant/using Sheikh Google!' jeer. Right up there with, 'evolution is just a theory.'
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by wdkmwd
I'm not a racist but

That may true, but ISOC's Islamic Freedom Army of Post-Reporting don't think in terms of that.
Reply 49
Original post by Hydeman

Spoiler

It's a reference to the concerted efforts made by some members of the TSR I-Soc to get TSRians who are critical of their religion banned by mass-reporting their posts for minor offences. I'll stop there, though, before someone reports me for 'off-topic discussion.' :rofl:

Maybe it's just my mind because i read Brownshirt as Brownsh*t

LMAO.
Original post by Hydeman

Spoiler

Reported. You should've thought about before making such an Islamophobic and anti-Muslamic statement mate.
Original post by wdkmwd
Maybe it's just my mind because i read Brownshirt as Brownsh*t

LMAO.

As will many an offended Muslim who comes across this thread, and quite deliberately so. :moon:
Reply 52
Original post by chemting
That may true, but ISOC's Islamic Freedom Army of Post-Reporting don't think in terms of that.

I agree, they seem to think freedom of speech is conservative code-word for we hate muslims or something.
Original post by wdkmwd
I agree, they seem to think freedom of speech is conservative code-word for we hate muslims or something.

Not conservative, just a Jewish Zionist American code.
Not a True Islamic State™

Posted from TSR Mobile

prostitutes
Original post by wdkmwd

Well, to be fair, freedom of speech is not a legal guarantee on a privately-owned website like TSR. :beard:
Original post by Hydeman
Well, to be fair, freedom of speech is not a legal guarantee on a privately-owned website like TSR. :beard:

Well if Facebook and Twitter's decline is anything to go by, social media companies infringing on "speech" (based on feelings) usually ends up declining in terms of users...

However, I realise the demographic makeup of TSR users is different than FB/Twitter so the same principle cannot be applied with confidence.
Well if Facebook and Twitter's decline is anything to go by, social media companies infringing on "speech" (based on feelings) usually ends up declining in terms of users...

However, I realise the demographic makeup of TSR users is different than FB/Twitter so the same principle cannot be applied with confidence.

I wouldn't say that it costs TSR users -- on the contrary, the more it can claim to be a nice, friendly place where nobody has to worry about having their feelings hurt, the more people from the student demographic they will attract and retain (do you ever wonder why Chat is one of the most active fora? :rolleyes:).

In terms of negative consequences, it most likely means that there's an upper limit to the mean IQ, because anybody with any sense and the determination to express it will, sooner or later, be forced to leave.
Reply 58
Tempestuous tossers ruining social media with how offended they are over everything.
Reply 59
F•ck sake. Finally gotten my first follower.

Thanks Peroxidation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending