The Student Room Group

Girl isn't on birth control wants sex with me, she's a virgin. It's turning me off.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lustawny
I don't get it. What's so special about you, exactly?

I'm not. I thought it was fairly commonplace when in a monogamous long term relationship for the male to use a condom and the female to use some form of birth control at the start. And also rather commonplace for the female to attempted some form of birth control at some point in her life even if she isn't sexually active just to see how it affects her if nothing else.
Reply 81
Original post by TorpidPhil
Yeah, I know, less than 0.02% chance of pregnancy per sex act. HOWEVER. That's with perfect use conditions and I've never had sex with a condom. What if we are changing positions, it slips slightly, pre-cum spills? What if it is too big and slips off? Too thin and it tears? Or what if its just a **** condom and it breaks for pretty much no reason because manufacturing fault.

Then she can just get the morning after pill geez! You're working yourself up over nothing mate.
Original post by Ciel.
Then she can just get the morning after pill geez! You're working yourself up over nothing mate.

BUT WILL SHE THOUGH???

She has never tried any birth control options and doesn't really seem very motivated to do so either...
Reply 83
BUT WILL SHE THOUGH???

She has never tried any birth control options and doesn't really seem very motivated to do so either...

You don't trust her at all then. Or are very paranoid. You sound like a 12 year old, no offence. Maybe you're not ready for sex, idk.
I'm feeling pretty disgusted at the thought of sex with just a condom tbh. I don't really see it being particularly fantastic (although I appreciate that a lot of the bro-comments on the internet about condom sex are exaggerated, but my I find it really hard to orgasm as it is; if I wear any lube I can no longer orgasm, and if I don't lube it can take an hour of intense masturbation to make me cum [which makes my penis go browny/red and the skin on it to thicken like it is bruised and it goes sore...]),

Yet also too risky because a pregnancy would be hell and well, I've never had sex before so no doubt my risk of ****ing up when using a condom is a little higher than normal.

Thing is, we're both virgins so STDs aren't a worry and we're not just having casual sex - we've been dating for about 3months now.

So, just contemplating all of this. Combined with the fact that males only really have condoms as a form of contraception they can use (which is really damn sexist)... It just turns me off sex entirely.

Am I being ridiculous?

I'm 20. Obviously I want sex. But I'm also 20 and a virgin, obviously I can wait a bit longer. Perhaps until I can find someone who is on birth control. I spoke to her about this today and really all she said was she's never been on the pill, but she's aware of how it works etc, but when I said Id appreciate it if she were to try it out before we had sex (trying to put it politely because it ain't happening otherwise, at least that's how I feel right now) she just said she's not sure if she'll take a pill or not, or any other form of contraception.

The pill seriously messes with the female system dude. It is a powerful hormone drug and is no good. If your gf chooses not to take it, you should really respect that. Try the condom man, you're making prejudgments on what it will be like.

Just relax, be comfortable and wear a condom and you will be fine. Drugs should be avoided at all costs where possible.
Yeah, I know, less than 0.02% chance of pregnancy per sex act. HOWEVER. That's with perfect use conditions and I've never had sex with a condom. What if we are changing positions, it slips slightly, pre-cum spills? What if it is too big and slips off? Too thin and it tears? Or what if its just a **** condom and it breaks for pretty much no reason because manufacturing fault (that's the 0.02% chance I guess and I suppose that doesn't really bother me).

The SAS use condoms for transporting water in the desert, stupid drunk people pull them over their heads and blow them up without them breaking and you're highly unlikely (almost impossible) to get a woman pregnant from pre-cum.

If you're worried, buy a pack and try them on for size, it's normal to be a little nervous, but Jesus Christ, it's not as if you're going to war.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ciel.
You don't trust her at all then. Or are very paranoid. You sound like a 12 year old, no offence. Maybe you're not ready for sex, idk.

Well not really no. Why should I? I've only known her approximately 3months. I've known friends for years who would go and steal from me. I don't believe she wants a child, but I feel like she is quite complacent about the whole sex thing tbh and so I don't think I could really trust her to take the morning after pill.
Well not really no. Why should I? I've only known her approximately 3months. I've known friends for years who would go and steal from me. I don't believe she wants a child, but I feel like she is quite complacent about the whole sex thing tbh and so I don't think I could really trust her to take the morning after pill.

If you don't trust or at least respect her enough to think the best of her, you probably shouldn't have sex with her.
Reply 88

Doesn't sound like a good relationship to me. What's the point of being with her then?
Original post by Ciel.
Who knows, I don't have to deal with the contraception issue so I wouldn't know. You can always choose to join the dark side, too (homosexuality) lol :wink: Then you won't have to worry about getting anyone pregnant either.

That kind of thinking gets you AIDS.
Reply 90
Original post by Abstract_Prism
That kind of thinking gets you AIDS.

I didn't mean that you shouldn't use protection at all when it comes to gay sex. Of course you should if it's a one night stand. I was just talking about no need for contraception.
Original post by Ciel.
Doesn't sound like a good relationship to me. What's the point of being with her then?

It takes time to built up trust right? More than a few months. The dilemma is that she's the one pushing for sex. Not me. She's been a good friend so far, as have I and I feel like it is going well. I worry about how she'll respond though if I tell her I want to wait.

However, I feel like that's my only option actually. Gonna send her a text explaining that. Clarify it in person at a later date.

Not ready yet. I mean, one probably shouldn't be having sex if the thought of having sex is a turn-off. That's not going to be fun for anyone.

If she can't accept that I'll move on. I'm sure someone will.
Original post by Mahmoud X
If you don't trust or at least respect her enough to think the best of her, you probably shouldn't have sex with her.

Exactly. So I'm not going to.
It takes time to built up trust right? More than a few months. The dilemma is that she's the one pushing for sex. Not me. She's been a good friend so far, as have I and I feel like it is going well. I worry about how she'll respond though if I tell her I want to wait.

However, I feel like that's my only option actually. Gonna send her a text explaining that. Clarify it in person at a later date.

Not ready yet. I mean, one probably shouldn't be having sex if the thought of having sex is a turn-off. That's not going to be fun for anyone.

Mystifying.

Like calling off a business deal.
Mystifying.

Like calling off a business deal.

It's not that deep. Really I'm just preparing my dick for her so that when we do get around to it it will not feel like typical virgin-virgin sex!
Reply 95

Noo don't say that over a text. Talk to her in person.
Do you have any issues with social skills? Sorry If I'm getting the wrong impression here but you sound like someone with aspergers.
Original post by Ciel.
Noo don't say that over a text. Talk to her in person.
Do you have any issues with social skills? Sorry If I'm getting the wrong impression here but you sound like someone with aspergers.

Actually, I'm the opposite. I have high emotional intelligence. Last time I spoke about it person though she basically ignored me and tried to change the conversation eventually leaving me with a "I might try a form of birth control... But I'm not sure...". This way she can't ignore it and has to at least acknowledge it.
Actually, I'm the opposite. I have high emotional intelligence. Last time I spoke about it person though she basically ignored me and tried to change the conversation eventually leaving me with a "I might try a form of birth control... But I'm not sure...". This way she can't ignore it and has to at least acknowledge it.

Who says such a thing?
Reply 98
. If a woman is not willing to attempt any form of birth control I highly doubt she'd care for female condoms tbh.

She likely doesn't want to go on birth control because she's put off by the possible side effects of hormonal contraception and isn't comfortable with the idea of the copper coil. Obviously a femidom is non-hormonal/not as invasive as a coil so if that's the case she might be willing to try it.
Who says such a thing?

The fact that I'm actually highly charismatic in person when I'm not talking in an utterly bunt manner for the sake of clarity via tsr. Why's that a fact? Well people ****ing tell me! And I can get on with pretty much anyone. Make them laugh. Make them smile. Make them respect me (definition of respect - if someone asks about my personality they will respond only with compliments and sincere, specific ones at not, not vague, wishy-washy ones).

Please don't assume my conversations with anyone IRL are anything like this. They're not. But this way of speaking has a certain value that's for sure.

Quick Reply

Latest