The Student Room Group

Women Protection Bill protested by religious leaders as 'un-Islamic'

http://nation.com.pk/lahore/14-Mar-2016/father-of-taliban-led-moot-rejects-pro-woman-law
http://www.dawn.com/news/1245591/
http://nation.com.pk/national/13-Mar-2016/religious-parties-reject-govt-offer-for-talks

LAHORE - Leaders of religious parties at an “Ulema Convention” hosted by JUI-S have rejected women protection bill and reiterated their stance to launch a joint movement against the government’s ‘un-Islamic moves’.

---

The religious parties and religio political parties including JUI-F, JI, JUP, JUI-S, Tehrike Islami and others demand withdrawal of the Act inter alia on the ground that the Council of Islamic Ideology and Ulema Council were not consulted before passing this law. These parties strongly believe the Act is contrary to the Islamic injunctions.

Muhammad Khan Sherani, Chairman of the Council and an MNA of JUI-F has also rejected the Act as contrary to Quran and Sunnah. While a member of the Council and a section of ulema do not subscribe to this viewpoint.

---

Addressing the meeting, PUC chairman Hafiz Tahir Ashrafi said that people of Pakistan were guardians of 'blasphemy laws'.
He categorically stated that 'blasphemy laws' can neither be annulled nor amended and any bid to transform Pakistan into a liberal country will be foiled.
“Being Pakistani, we should keep check on conspiracies to turn Pakistan into a liberal state," Ashrafi further stressed.

---

But despite the alarmingly high incidents of violence against women, religious and political parties and members of the law fraternity are vehemently rejecting the recently passed Punjab Protection of Women against Violence Act 2016, and are terming it “contrary to Islamic teachings.”

Scroll to see replies

Remember the rights Islam gives women :smile:
Reply 2
It's clearly a cultural issue. If they actually followed the Quran and sunnah's pronouncements on women, they would put even Scandinavia to shame. Apparently.
Inb4 "treated like queens".
Council of Islamic Ideology ... :facepalm:
The same council that blocked a bill that would restrict/ban child marriage because it was deemed "un-Islamic" (on "purely religious grounds" ) ...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Inb4 "treated like queens".
you forgot Not True Muslims™, and "Pakistan is not an Islamic state".
Original post by QE2
you forgot Not True Muslims™, and "Pakistan is not an Islamic state".

Not a True Islamic State™

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by wdkmwd
But But

Pisslam, I mean Islam is the true religion for the world and the only one for equality.

No, you don't understand the wisdom of Islam. It's gender equity not equality. It's just so perfect that way.
Reply 8
Original post by carlskep
No, you don't understand the wisdom of Islam. It's gender equity not equality. It's just so perfect that way.

A religion that permits men to have up to 4 wives, and allows men to beat their rebellious wives.

I just cringe anytime i see female muslim women defending Islam.
Reality has such an Islamophobic bias. My liberal heart can't take it. :sad:
Reply 10
Original post by BaconandSauce

Also the lefts.
Reply 11
Original post by wdkmwd
Also the lefts.

Left is haram. Also too liberal.
Reply 12
Original post by BaconandSauce

I think someone's confused between religion and culture :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by wdkmwd
No she isn't confused.

The only rights your religion promotes are the rights to rape and occasional prostitution.

Think you've got the wrong religion there :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by HAnwar
Think you've got the wrong religion there :smile:

No, Islam does promote it.
Reply 15
Original post by IAmNero
No, Islam does promote it.

Yeah... Definitely got the wrong religion...
Reply 16
Original post by HAnwar
Yeah... Definitely got the wrong religion...

Are you gonna qualify that or just continue with the quips?
Reply 17
Original post by IAmNero
Are you gonna qualify that or just continue with the quips?

Try doing your own research without using wikiislam.
Reply 18
Original post by HAnwar
Try doing your own research without using wikiislam.

The burden of proof lies on you, you refuted the statement.
Reply 19
Original post by IAmNero
The burden of proof lies on you, you refuted the statement.

Follow me and I'll follow you.

Together we can expose Islam on TSR.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending