The Student Room Group

Speech and Language therapy 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Katesbh
Anyone else planning to go to Sheffield?

I've firmed them! Just gotta get the grades! =)
Reply 701
Original post by tildawatts
when did you get a reply off Sheffield? :-) x

Feb the 12th I think, good luck if you're still waiting! Let us know if you get an offer :smile:x
Reply 702
Original post by RowanB
I've firmed them! Just gotta get the grades! =)

Same!! Glad I've found someone else, are you on the Sheffield Freshers facebook page?
Original post by Katesbh
Same!! Glad I've found someone else, are you on the Sheffield Freshers facebook page?

I'm not! I'll try and find it.
Original post by Katesbh
Feb the 12th I think, good luck if you're still waiting! Let us know if you get an offer :smile:x

I'm very, very tempted to accept. Can't actually do it until I've got a reply from East Anglia but still. My favourite two were Sheffield and Reading so have a tough choice. Tbh my leaning at the moment is 75% towards Sheffield, 25% towards Reading.
Original post by dkate1990
Anyone else got an offer from Leeds Beckett? :smile:

I had an interview on 29th Feb but have yet to hear back. have you had an offer? :smile:
Original post by JammyMelons
Has anyone heard back from Leeds Beckett or know if they said when about they would be getting back to people?

I had an interview in Feb and haven't heard back yet. I phoned admissions on Friday and they said we are likely to hear back at the end of March :smile:
Reply 707
Original post by RowanB
I'm not! I'll try and find it.

Ok, I've posted on it asking if anyone's doing Speech Science, so if you see that feel free to add me, would be nice to know someone before we go!
Reply 708
Original post by CassiaPeach
I'm very, very tempted to accept. Can't actually do it until I've got a reply from East Anglia but still. My favourite two were Sheffield and Reading so have a tough choice. Tbh my leaning at the moment is 75% towards Sheffield, 25% towards Reading.

It's such a hard choice isn't it! I couldn't decide between Leeds Beckett and Sheffield, but Sheffield just did it for me, let me know if you firm it!!
Original post by Katesbh
Ok, I've posted on it asking if anyone's doing Speech Science, so if you see that feel free to add me, would be nice to know someone before we go!

I can't seem to find the group! Could you link me? =)
Original post by Katesbh
It's such a hard choice isn't it! I couldn't decide between Leeds Beckett and Sheffield, but Sheffield just did it for me, let me know if you firm it!!

Very hard! When was your interview?
Reply 711
Original post by CassiaPeach
Very hard! When was your interview?

Think my Sheffield one was 8th December, when was yours?
Anyone going to MMU?
Reply 713
Original post by oliverwilson2626
Anyone going to MMU?

Hopefully! Put it as my firm choice so just got to get the grades now, fingers crossed!
Original post by oliverwilson2626
Anyone going to MMU?

i most probably will be!!
i have an interview at reading soon, does anyone have any advice?
Original post by Becky.May
Hi, I was wondering what the distance radius that you may have to travel at Newcastle for clinical placement? Thank you! :smile:

I am only in my second year and not on external placement yet but I asked about this before I even started the course!

You can be sent: north to Berwick-upon-Tweed (60ish miles); west to Carlisle (60ish miles); and south to Middlesborough (40ish miles). The placements to the north and west cover two of the most rural counties in England so the mileage is not comparable to urban areas where you could spend just as much time commuting over a much shorter distance (i.e. it will take you longer to travel to Middlesborough on the train than it does to Berwick-upon-Tweed because the latter is on the East Coast Mainline).

I think Carlisle is the placement that people do not like on paper. It is just on the threshold of acceptable daily commuting depending where you live locally (i.e. if you have minimal travel time to the train station). (The daily travel costs will probably be the killer to be honest). But I know from previously working with trainee clinical psychologists who could also be sent to Carlisle that many of them just stayed over night/during the week rather than commuting daily.

Hope that answers your question.
(edited 8 years ago)
How many offers does everyone hold so far?
Original post by scarlettwitch
How many offers does everyone hold so far?

I have 3...Reading, Sheffield and Marjon
Original post by Katesbh
Think my Sheffield one was 8th December, when was yours?

Mine was December 7th!!

Quick Reply

Latest