The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Or maybe you let people feel how they want to feel.
Reply 2
Pretty arrogant to think you've got any kind of right to tell strangers how they should feel.
What a cock!
Live and let live
David Bowie's dead?! :eek:
Died10 January 2016 (aged 69)
Manhattan, New York, United StatesCause of deathLiver cancer

wtf?!?!

:eek2:
Reply 6
Original post by similarBlank
Or maybe you let people feel how they want to feel.

Pretty ironic I started the sentence saying the same thing. C'mon people, It's one paragraph!

damn :s-smilie::s-smilie:

Well I'm off to relive the genius and watch some live Bowie moments, so screw you OP.
It does seem a little too much especially in some reactions xD but you have to remember to some people, those celebrities are like a mum (maybe more ) to them.

They may have learnt life lessons, morals, skills from them similar to from a parent and this will be especially strong if they were missing a dad/mum/both

At the end of the day tho, let them do them and you do you:wink:
Original post by Damien96
I am not telling anyone what to feel but if you feel the need to go out into the streets or, as I've heard, tell people when Bowie died it was worse than your mother dying, then you probably need some perspective.

I loved Bowie and Lemmy's music but I don't need to make a public spectacle of myself or create a new Jesus Christ.

http://thesatedire.com/entertainment/music-tragedy-continues-as-glenn-medeiros-sprains-ankle/

:biggrin:

Aren't you a bit late?
Reply 10
Original post by JC.
Pretty arrogant to think you've got any kind of right to tell strangers how they should feel.
What a cock!

Pretty ironic I started the sentence saying the same thing.Keep up mate.
Reply 11
Original post by ODES_PDES
Aren't you a bit late?

As the year keeps bringing more celeb deaths the Tweets keep getting more ludicrous. I've seen some "grieving" people who were essentially session musicians.
Reply 12
Original post by mrsjenner

damn :s-smilie::s-smilie:

Well I'm off to relive the genius and watch some live Bowie moments, so screw you OP.

Did I tell you shouldn't or couldn't?
Reply 13
Original post by ForestShadow
It does seem a little too much especially in some reactions xD but you have to remember to some people, those celebrities are like a mum (maybe more ) to them.

They may have learnt life lessons, morals, skills from them similar to from a parent and this will be especially strong if they were missing a dad/mum/both

At the end of the day tho, let them do them and you do you:wink:

Again, I'm not telling anyone how to feel, I am saying public grief over someone you have never met is distasteful and disrespectful to those who knew them.
Original post by mrsjenner
David Bowie's dead?! :eek:

How did you even miss that? Half the world and their dog ranted on about how much he inspired or influenced them.
Reply 15
Original post by queen-bee
Live and let live

I wasn't threatening to take anyone's life. Live and let the dead truly rest in peace. It shouldn't be a public spectacle for mawkish grief tourists. Sadness is one thing, mourning is quite another.
Reply 16
Original post by Zargabaath
How did you even miss that? Half the world and their dog ranted on about how much he inspired or influenced them.

I'm thinking he was being sarcastic? Surely?
Reply 17

Which song is your favourite? Umm... that one with err? Um. Life on Mars? You mean the only one people remember? Yeah that one

I missed it, don't pay attention to celebrities. Fight me.

Did I tell you shouldn't or couldn't?

Er yes the title literally said that....
I'm thinking he was being sarcastic? Surely?

Don't speak for me :curious:

Latest