The Student Room Group

Bath vs. Bristol

I have offers from both Bristol and Bath for Aerospace Engineering and couldn't decide which one to choose. My Bath offer's 36 and Bristol's a 38. Imperial's going as my firm. I've visited both Bath and Bristol.
Bristol if you'd rather live in a city, Bath if you're particularly interested in doing an industrial placement.

Out of curiosity, why Imperial over either? They have more industrial connections, better student satisfaction and actually have space related content
Original post by thatbrownkid17
I have offers from both Bristol and Bath for Aerospace Engineering and couldn't decide which one to choose. My Bath offer's 36 and Bristol's a 38. Imperial's going as my firm. I've visited both Bath and Bristol.

Bath is a nice city and quieter then Bristol so if you like that kind of place. Bath also is a campus, everything is quite close compared to Bristol where some accommodations are 42 min walk away from the uni, however Bristol's a aerospace course is way better than at Bath. Bath is like general/mechanical engineering with aerospace modules tagged at the end (4th year). Where as Bristol has aerospace modules (such as flight mechanics) from year 1, as well as a space module in year 2 and 4. You could do a year abroad in Bristol at some top world universities. If you were to only consider the course then Bristol wins but however you need to consider the other factors such as living costs, whether you want a lively/quiter location. Of course the aerospace course at Bath isn't bad, but if you are someone who is really keen in the subject then you will enjoy Bristol's course more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Helloworld_95
Bristol if you'd rather live in a city, Bath if you're particularly interested in doing an industrial placement.

Out of curiosity, why Imperial over either? They have more industrial connections, better student satisfaction and actually have space related content

Hi, thanks for the info and I wanted Imperial for the city, course ranking and because they just introduced a new course "Aeronautical Engineering with Spacecraft Engineering" so it's decently space intensive. And I don't intend on a year in industry; especially because they're hard to organise with Tier 4 visas.
Original post by bigboateng_
Bath is a nice city and quieter then Bristol so if you like that kind of place. Bath also is a campus, everything is quite close compared to Bristol where some accommodations are 42 min walk away from the uni, however Bristol's a aerospace course is way better than at Bath. Bath is like general/mechanical engineering with aerospace modules tagged at the end (4th year). Where as Bristol has aerospace modules (such as flight mechanics) from year 1, as well as a space module in year 2 and 4. You could do a year abroad in Bristol at some top world universities. If you were to only consider the course then Bristol wins but however you need to consider the other factors such as living costs, whether you want a lively/quiter location. Of course the aerospace course at Bath isn't bad, but if you are someone who is really keen in the subject then you will enjoy Bristol's course more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see. Thanks!
Reply 5
Hi i have got the offers from bath school of management, bristol university, warwick business school and cass business school .I want to pursue masters in management. Being an international student I dont have much idea about universities and their overall ranking. Please help me in deciding the best university .Looking forward to hear from you soon
Reply 6
Original post by smgoel
Hi i have got the offers from bath school of management, bristol university, warwick business school and cass business school .I want to pursue masters in management. Being an international student I dont have much idea about universities and their overall ranking. Please help me in deciding the best university .Looking forward to hear from you soon

This is the engineering forum...
Original post by jneill
This is the engineering forum...

It's cool; deciding which uni depends upon other things than the course and their ranking for that course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending