The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Learning a language?

Hello there!

During my open day at Leeds university, I was told that there was an option for undergraduates to pick up a language course on their second year.

Was just wondering whether anyone knows what languages I can choose from?

One other question, UCAS says my course starts on the 16th September, is this the start of freshers or just an ideal date to move?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by LewisCapper
Hello there!

During my open day at Leeds university, I was told that there was an option for undergraduates to pick up a language course on their second year.

Was just wondering whether anyone knows what languages I can choose from?

One other question, UCAS says my course starts on the 16th September, is this the start of freshers or just an ideal date to move?

Thanks!

Check the module 'Languages for all' , I think that's what you're looking for.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by annii123
Check the module 'Languages for all' , I think that's what you're looking for.

Nice one, cheers pal
Reply 3
The language modules offered are in Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Mandarin. :smile: You can learn others through the language exchange program - you help someone practice their English, and in return they practice their native language with you.
There are also 'discovery modules' in some other languages...
http://leedsforlife.leeds.ac.uk/Broadening/Theme/7/SubTheme/38

x
Reply 5
Original post by carehow
The language modules offered are in Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Mandarin. :smile: You can learn others through the language exchange program - you help someone practice their English, and in return they practice their native language with you.

If I choose to study Spanish, does it counts in the 60 credits I have to take each semester? Or is it just an extra option?
Reply 6
Original post by annii123
If I choose to study Spanish, does it counts in the 60 credits I have to take each semester? Or is it just an extra option?

It counts as the 60 credits you have to take in the semester, yes. You can take these modules from year one, by the way. :smile: But it depends on how many "discovery modules" (a set amount of credits each course sets where you can take a range of modules from a range of departments where it's free for you to choose which) your course allows.

Quick Reply

Latest