The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Dickson Poon Undergraduate Scholarship 2016

Has anyone applied?
What do you think they're looking for in the essays? (They used to have a video outlining this but it seems to have been taken down after their 2014 competition so I am unable to access it.)

Scroll to see replies

Hey! just saw the thread, yeah I've applied, video basically just said to write something personal etc, not the most helpful thing out there, probably what they were aiming for though haha.
Did you end up applying?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
I applied! What did y'all write about?
I thought it was ridiculously difficult to think of a terrible failure haha, we're only 18 haha
i wrote about my Gold Duke of Edinburgh and a ballet at the Zurich Opera, you?
What did you write about?
Original post by chloeg56
I applied! What did y'all write about?
Reply 5
Original post by mariewilliams
I thought it was ridiculously difficult to think of a terrible failure haha, we're only 18 haha
i wrote about my Gold Duke of Edinburgh and a ballet at the Zurich Opera, you?

Aw so cool! I wrote about congressional interning and singing haha
Are you American?

Aw so cool! I wrote about congressional interning and singing haha
Did anyone get any form of acknowledgement? Worried I sent it to the wrong email :smile: What are everyone's LNAT scores btw, because mine is rather low.. :/
Reply 8
Are you American?

Dual national of UK and US :smile: what about you??
Reply 9
Original post by HeisenbergWW
Did anyone get any form of acknowledgement? Worried I sent it to the wrong email :smile: What are everyone's LNAT scores btw, because mine is rather low.. :/

I didn't either :smile: 29, what about you??
I got an acknowledgement but only after i sent them a message on Kinga portal because i was worried it hadn't sent :smile:

I'm English and French (But grew up in Switzerland) :smile:

only got 23 in my LNAT unfortunately, badly timed with a huge ballet exam and lack of preparation :eek:

Dual national of UK and US :smile: what about you??
applied. wrote about success in a law competition and failure in sports. 31 on the lnat and no acknowledgement- does this mean anything?
No, majority of people haven't heard back i don't think, i got an acknowledgement because i sent them a message to make sure they received it prior to the deadline.

Original post by mitchriding
applied. wrote about success in a law competition and failure in sports. 31 on the lnat and no acknowledgement- does this mean anything?
I didn't either :smile: 29, what about you??

Only 23! 😂
I got an acknowledgement but only after i sent them a message on Kinga portal because i was worried it hadn't sent :smile:

We weren't supposed to use the portal to send it were we? 😥
No, we weren't don't worry :smile:

We weren't supposed to use the portal to send it were we? 😥
hey guys, has anyone who applied for the second round heard back for interviews yet?
Reply 18
hey guys, has anyone who applied for the second round heard back for interviews yet?

They said they would be letting people know of the outcome of their application on the 14th of this month
Also applied, although I found it really hard to write about something I've failed at (not in an obnoxious way), like "oh yeah I tried and failed at ..., please offer me a scholarship?" I got 28 in LNAT

Quick Reply