The Student Room Group
self confidence is good for you
Just do your best list pros and cons of each plus visit each one and do some research. Surely you can eliminate a fw of them. Btw well done on all unconditional.
I felt the same way, the fact that UCAS has reminders everywhere saying once you firm your place you're committed makes it worse in my opinion
Reply 4
There is no advantage to firming early. If you are this unsure that you've made a thread about it then this shows you're not ready. There have already been threads this year from people who have changed their mind - as you are aware, there are fewer options for you to take once you have firmed. So you're getting rid of all of the benefits of not having firmed yet, but getting no benefits from firming
I made my firm and insurance choices the other day and I can tell you, it was quite a decision to make, I too got offers from all of my choices so I almost felt spoiled for choice but I sat down with my family and made a huge pros and cons list about every uni, by the end of that, my choices were pretty clear, this might work for you too. Ask your family or friends or someone who can help make this decision easier with you and start listing different factors about each uni; cost of living, what the course offers, location etc. It's really helpful.

But don't feel rushed! You've got a while yet before you have to make your choice!
Original post by 999tigger
Just do your best list pros and cons of each plus visit each one and do some research. Surely you can eliminate a fw of them. Btw well done on all unconditional.

Already done all that. I know which uni I want to go to, I am just so nervous to make it official :/

Original post by Juno
There is no advantage to firming early. If you are this unsure that you've made a thread about it then this shows you're not ready. There have already been threads this year from people who have changed their mind - as you are aware, there are fewer options for you to take once you have firmed. So you're getting rid of all of the benefits of not having firmed yet, but getting no benefits from firming

There actually is though! Accommodation! All the good accommodation places will have gone...
Original post by littlenorthernlass
Already done all that. I know which uni I want to go to, I am just so nervous to make it official :/

There actually is though! Accommodation! All the good accommodation places will have gone...

Unis won't allocate accommodation until after A Level results day, so the assumption the good places will have gone is FALSE

If you're unsure, do not rush
Original post by super_kawaii
Unis won't allocate accommodation until after A Level results day, so the assumption the good places will have gone is FALSE

If you're unsure, do not rush

Um but they do! Some unis do, at least. Lots of people on the uni forums I watch have received accommodation already :/
Original post by littlenorthernlass
Um but they do! Some unis do, at least. Lots of people on the uni forums I watch have received accommodation already :/

A lot of unis will not expect contracts to be signed until after results day as they do not know for sure how many students they will be taking in September. Many students will not make the grades or will choose to withdraw or will have applied to accommodation at their insurance choice. There is no rush to go into anything if you're unsure. You don't want to end up going somewhere you hate because you couldn't think rationally in making such a monumental decision
Original post by Juno

Damn I firmed yesterday and I’m having second thoughts already eek..

Latest

Trending

Trending