The Student Room Group

16th Mar: How often do you exercise?

Scroll to see replies

Sometimes once a week, sometimes once a year.

idk
6 days a week, pumping iron :biggrin:
Reply 122
I used to go to the gym twice a week, now I go for a run once a week or just become a hulking shape wrapped in a blanket otherwise.
Original post by BBC Radio 1
This week on The Surgery Gemma and Dr Radha are talking about sport and fitness.

Do you exercise regularly? If so, do you do it to keep fit or to look good? Is it possible to become too focused on fitness? Or do you lack confidence to go to the gym or on a run so avoid it all together?

Tell us what you think on here! Remember, you can post anonymously on this forum!

Monday - Chest and Core

Tuesday- Back and Forearms

Wednesday - Shoudlers and Core

Thursday - Arms and Forearms

Friday - Legs and Core
Reply 124
I go gym 3 times a week and do football on the weekends. I have to go gym late at night (9-11pm) because I have to do my work beforehand but it's sort of a reward for my hard work! I like to keep fit and also be confident with my body
1hr of weight lifting 6 times a week, been going almost 2 years now, best decision of my life. Not too sure why I started, think I thought muscles were cool, all the popular kids had them so I jumped on the band wagon. I'm 17 now and it allows me to eat a lot and not be fat so that is rather dank. Although there is a fitness aspect as there is no way I would let myself get fat or unhealthy, it isn't about being fit, that is a bonus. For me it is about removing a flaw, one less thing that drags you down. Im certainly not vain and I do have self confidence issues. So yeah keep it up everyone :wink:
I exercise 6 times a week - includes a 5K every Saturday, strength training, cardio, HIIT, Pilates, kickboxing, plyometrics etc. I also walk to school and back which is 1.2 miles each way. I am slightly obsessed with exercising but, for a girl, I eat a ridiculous amount of food (minimum 2000 cals). When it gets to exam season this will deteriorate massively though :'(
I just want to be strong and want my physical appearance to reflect that. For me, fitness is a get out from all the exam and worldly stress. It's a great mood booster too!
I do some form of exercise everyday for atleast an hour. Whether it be weighlifting or Rugby.
Reply 128
Gym 3/4x a week for 2 hours or so each time. Have lazy weeks tho where I only for once then feel bad and end up going every day for a week to make up.

Mostly to look good but I eat a lot a lot so need to exercise to keep it off :biggrin:
Original post by CatusStarbright
Yeah swimming's great. I only wish I could do it more often. My club offers a session at 8am on Saturday mornings, but I'm just way too lazy to get up so early at the weekend.

Me too. I am too lazy too. That is why I would never get so early up on weekend. When summer and vacation time come, I am swimming for sure.
There are certain days where I'll do visibly more exercise because of specific reasons, but mostly walk a few miles a day!
Reply 131
I always horse ride 2/3 times a week and do pilates once a week, sometimes go to the gym for cardio, maybe once or twice a week but truthfully I am not at the gym every week
I also have no car so tend to walk a lot
What is exercise and where can I buy it?
Original post by Kallisto
Me too. I am too lazy too. That is why I would never get so early up on weekend. When summer and vacation time come, I am swimming for sure.

Yeah the summer holidays are great for going swimming regularly, but I wish it was a bit cheaper! A casual swim is £3.90 a session at my local pool, not including the bus fare to get there.
Reply 134
I life weights 4-5 days a week. I do it cos, like most of my fellow humans, I'm vain and like looking good :biggrin: But very importantly I do it to feel good and go about my day through various activities feeling strong and able, instead of lethargic and lifeless. I would like to lead a healthy life and make the best of this body that I have. Also, in case of a zombie attack I can be better able to defend myself and dear ones!!

Original post by BBC Radio 1
This week on The Surgery Gemma and Dr Radha are talking about sport and fitness.

Do you exercise regularly? If so, do you do it to keep fit or to look good? Is it possible to become too focused on fitness? Or do you lack confidence to go to the gym or on a run so avoid it all together?

Tell us what you think on here! Remember, you can post anonymously on this forum!
Reply 135
3x a week ^_^
I have no need to do "exercise" in terms of going to a gym as I'm a student and walk or cycle everywhere. I also do another activity that burns a lot of calories. When I leave I might need to think about "exercising"
Original post by CatusStarbright
Yeah the summer holidays are great for going swimming regularly, but I wish it was a bit cheaper! A casual swim is £3.90 a session at my local pool, not including the bus fare to get there.

What? 3.90 pounds per person? that is really expensive, if I consider that people are just using a local pool in summer time.
On gym days, I run 5k on the treadmill (which takes me 25 minutes) and then I go on either the exercise bike or the cross trainer for 20 minutes.

On non-gym days, I either cycle to and from work (6.3 miles) or do my home workout, which entails skipping (1500 jumps) followed by 250 bodyweight squats.

EDIT: I've gotta say, though, I'm not entirely sure I'm squatting properly! No one's ever around to assess my form.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kallisto
What? 3.90 pounds per person? that is really expensive, if I consider that people are just using a local pool in summer time.

Yeah, it's quite a lot. That's why I mainly just swim with the club as the fees are only £30 per quarter.

Quick Reply

Latest