The Student Room Group

Private school kid - AMA

It's not all hogwarts, no.
I'm also a boarder in an all girls, multinational house, if anyone is curious to what that's like.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

do you feel special because mummy and daddy paid for school?

Spoiler

Reply 2
Burn them all down!

:mob:

Spoiler

Reply 3
When are you available this week? I'd like to take you to dinner.
Reply 4
Original post by Mayhem™
do you feel special because mummy and daddy paid for school?

Spoiler

Mine don't, I'm 100% academic scholarship, but I think many people feel special because their parents' pay, yes
Reply 5
Original post by stefano865
Burn them all down!

:mob:

Spoiler

That's sort of why I made an AMA, thought I'd try and remove some steretypes:')
Bit stalkerish?:wink:
Reply 6
Original post by og.east
When are you available this week? I'd like to take you to dinner.

Being a boarder, practically never.
How many followers do you predict you'll get through this thread + profile pic?

:3
On a more serious note, do you find people irl to be as judgmental about private schoolers as online? I find irl people are a lot nicer and are less "Oh you go to a private school therefore you're loaded af therefore you're a spoilt sh**"
Reply 9
Original post by AJP98
That's sort of why I made an AMA, thought I'd try and remove some steretypes:':wink:
Bit stalkerish?:wink:

Not really tbh. :tongue:

Makes no difference to me.

Ok so just describe the basics a bit.

How prestigious?
Co-ed?
Do you board?

etc :wink:
Reply 10
Original post by Student403
On a more serious note, do you find people irl to be as judgmental about private schoolers as online? I find irl people are a lot nicer and are less "Oh you go to a private school therefore you're loaded af therefore you're a spoilt sh**"

No, people in real life are much worse, lots of jeering from car windows and eye rolls when you say the school name. I've had a lot of people tell me I'll never understand the real world after this, but many don't realise I've worked for a child's minimum wage since I was 12, and my parents both work in a supermarket, I'm not stuck up:smile:
Reply 11
Original post by stefano865
Not really tbh. :tongue:

Makes no difference to me.

Ok so just describe the basics a bit.

How prestigious?
Co-ed?
Do you board?

etc :wink:

For Wales it is, it's a co-ed school but single sex boarding house, and yes I do board, weekly:smile:
Have you met any annoyingly snobby bitchy girls at your school?
Original post by AJP98
No, people in real life are much worse, lots of jeering from car windows and eye rolls when you say the school name. I've had a lot of people tell me I'll never understand the real world after this, but many don't realise I've worked for a child's minimum wage since I was 12, and my parents both work in a supermarket, I'm not stuck up:smile:

Hmm perhaps the situation's opposite for me because public British schools don't exist in my country. But that's really stupid.. I'd hate to endure that. For me, my parents' company pays for fees as part of employee benefits but I doubt people would care if I explained that over in the UK :lol:
Reply 14
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Have you met any annoyingly snobby bitchy girls at your school?

I met far bitchier girls in my taster days for the local state schools if I'm honest:') Although several of the extremely wealthy foreign girls are the epitome of annoyingly snobby bitchy girls... Very hard to live with!:')
Original post by AJP98
It's not all hogwarts, no.
I'm also a boarder in an all girls, multinational house, if anyone is curious to what that's like.

You spelt misogynists wrong
Reply 16
Original post by arniebob
You spelt misogynists wrong

Can't tell if you're suggesting the school is full of them, in which case I would say no more than any other school:smile:
Original post by AJP98
Can't tell if you're suggesting the school is full of them, in which case I would say no more than any other school:smile:

What

No, your profile.
Reply 18
Original post by arniebob
What

No, your profile.

Oh I see, sorry I thought you were making a relevant comment, I'll get that changed now:smile:
Reply 19
What grades did you get for your GCSE's? What are the average GCSE grades of students there? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest