The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

private halls at ntu helppp

Apparently all the good accommodations at ntu are full and are running out quite quickly and i'm considering going into private halls, but im really worried it won't be fun or socially interesting :/ anyone have any idea or suggestions? i really want to go somewhere i will enjoy and meet tons of ppl and live the life of a first year student at uni, but im scared i wont be abel to experience that if i go into private halls :frown: can anyone help?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Miri1234
Apparently all the good accommodations at ntu are full and are running out quite quickly and i'm considering going into private halls, but im really worried it won't be fun or socially interesting :/ anyone have any idea or suggestions? i really want to go somewhere i will enjoy and meet tons of ppl and live the life of a first year student at uni, but im scared i wont be abel to experience that if i go into private halls :frown: can anyone help?

Hi Miri1234,

I'm sorry all the halls you wanted have gone! :frown:

Please don't panic though, as long as you pay a booking fee before the 31 July and you will be guaranteed an offer of University-allocated accommodation.

Also, quite a few people do go into private accommodation, so you won't be alone!

I hope this helps, and if you have any more accommodation let me know!

Thanks,

Ellen
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2

II am in the same place - I just had a look at this place called Goldsmiths court across from NTU and only £119 pw for 44 weeks, £114 for 46 and £109 (?) for 51 weeks tenancy. I'm thinking o going there I've sent an enquiry, there's no where else :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi Miri1234,

Please don't panic though, as long as you pay a booking fee before the 31 July and you will be guaranteed an offer of University-allocated accommodation.

Also, quite a few people do go into private accommodation, so you won't be alone!

Thanks,

Ellen

Hi,
how do you pay the booking fee without actually booking a place if there aren't any you want to go to?
thanks
Original post by lauren-s
Hi,
how do you pay the booking fee without actually booking a place if there aren't any you want to go to?
thanks

Hi lauren-s,

It gives you flexibility to have a look around! If none of the halls left at NTU are taking your fancy, you can do some research see if there are any private halls you like and on the NTU halls that are left, and if you decide that you wouldn't mind going into the NTU halls then you have until the 31 July to book.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any more questions! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Reply 5

I've booked to stay in private - trinity square it looks so nice and I was worried about not being with undergrads but I emailed them and they say they try to put us all together
Reply 6
Original post by ellruddy
I've booked to stay in private - trinity square it looks so nice and I was worried about not being with undergrads but I emailed them and they say they try to put us all together

I was looking at this one! where abouts in the building are you staying x
Reply 7
II am in the same place - I just had a look at this place called Goldsmiths court across from NTU and only £119 pw for 44 weeks, £114 for 46 and £109 (?) for 51 weeks tenancy. I'm thinking o going there I've sent an enquiry, there's no where else :frown:

Hey! yeh i've looked at Goldsmiths court as well, it looks like the best one from all of them :smile: but i'm so worried that it won't be as involved in the uni as the ones on campus :frown:
Reply 8
I was looking at this one! where abouts in the building are you staying x

Oh god I can't remember but it was on floor 6 I think! It's a weird booking system x
Reply 9
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi Miri1234,

Thanks,

Ellen

Hi thank you!
I have a question, will the private accommodation not be as included/involved with the uni activities or social life? i'm just worried i'll be missing out on a lot of stuff :frown: also will they try to put all the first year students into the same private accommodation?
Reply 10

what email address did you email?
yeah same im worried i won't be with the undergraduate students, but i'm most worried about not integrated as well as the others since they'll be living in halls :frown:
Hi thank you!
I have a question, will the private accommodation not be as included/involved with the uni activities or social life? i'm just worried i'll be missing out on a lot of stuff :frown: also will they try to put all the first year students into the same private accommodation?

Hi Miri1234,

The Fresher Crew do go to some of the private halls, I'm not entirely sure which private halls the Freshers Crew go to, but if you do decide to look at some of the private halls maybe that is a question to ask!

If you go into private halls, there is no guarantee that you will be living with only first-year students, that is one of the negatives with living in private halls and not university halls. That is something you could ask/request when looking at the private halls, as each private hall will be different. I don't know if they have rooms specifically for freshers.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have anymore questions! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Reply 12
theres also the glass house? im just worried about the 'uni experience'
I'm in the same situation. I looked at Goldsmith, Trinity Square and Glasshouse and from most of the research I've been doing from past students a lot of students stay there. I'm also worried about being isolated from the city campus
Original post by rhiannonmichaela
I'm in the same situation. I looked at Goldsmith, Trinity Square and Glasshouse and from most of the research I've been doing from past students a lot of students stay there. I'm also worried about being isolated from the city campus

I've literally just booked trinity square, I'm scared about not being with first years but I think there's quite a few x

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've literally just booked trinity square, I'm scared about not being with first years but I think there's quite a few x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah I really don't know what to do was stuck between glasshouse and goldsmith but I want to be where the most first year students are xx
Reply 16

Same, but I rung up Trinity Square and the woman was like we try and put first years together so I'm hoping it'll be alright :/ The only thing I'm worried about is that it'll be noisy because it's literally above city centre... I'm stuck between Goldsmiths Court or Trinity Square
Main private halls are victoria halls, IQ, The glasshouse and trinity square... they try and put freshers together as far as possible so I wouldn't worry. I know victoria halls has seperate blocks aka phases for them... so they have Phase 1 which is a building for freshers and then phase 2 across the road for other students which is quieter. Remember that all the other first years staying there will be nervous about the same things as you so will be keen to try and meet up. There will always be a facebook page for your hall so you can find people on there too.
Reply 18
Original post by rhiannonmichaela
ah I really don't know what to do was stuck between glasshouse and goldsmith but I want to be where the most first year students are xx

They said for glasshouse they try and put all the first years together. I don't know if to go for it!
Original post by Jwal
They said for glasshouse they try and put all the first years together. I don't know if to go for it!

wish they had an alternatives for only first year. I'm scared of booking too early then finding out the majority have booked elsewhere

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending