The Student Room Group

Private school kid - AMA

Scroll to see replies

How do you feel having practically bought your grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AJP98
Oh I see, sorry I thought you were making a relevant comment, I'll get that changed now:smile:

It kinda is relevant, you're privately educated so you should be a genius:tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Do you support the free nipple movement
Original post by AJP98
For Wales it is, it's a co-ed school but single sex boarding house, and yes I do board, weekly:smile:

Have you ever felt out of place coming from a more humble background?

How much fun is it? Some people think it's all one big party. However, boarding houses tend to be quite strict, right?

No boys in rooms. :tongue:

Ever allowed out in the evenings? Presume not.

Does a bell wake you up in the mornings? :tongue:

Drugs, alcohol and sex?
Are you aware of Stormzy?
Future degree and uni plans?
Reply 26
Original post by In2u
What grades did you get for your GCSE's? What are the average GCSE grades of students there? :smile:

GCSES:Art: ABiology: A*Chemistry: ADrama: AEnglish Lang: A*English Lit: A*French: AMaths: APhysics: A*Religious Studies: A*British Sign Language: Pass

We average pretty well, dependent on subject, but I'm a very hard worker so:')
Reply 27
I was private schooled too. Happy to answer questions too!
Reply 28
Original post by Asklepios
How do you feel having practically bought your grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

As previously stated, I'm here on a scholarship so I've earned my place:smile:
Reply 29
Original post by Dinasaurus
Are you aware of Stormzy?

Vaguely, year 11 is obsessed with him, I don't know much:smile:
Reply 30
Original post by BWV1007
Future degree and uni plans?

English lit, I'm looking at Durham and considering Cambridge but it's a long shot!:smile:
Reply 31
Original post by arniebob
It kinda is relevant, you're privately educated so you should be a genius:tongue:

I wouldn't say that, but it's funny to know people think that:smile:
Original post by AJP98
English lit, I'm looking at Durham and considering Cambridge but it's a long shot!:smile:

What makes you interested in studying English lit?
What subjects are you currently doing?
Reply 33
Original post by stefano865
Have you ever felt out of place coming from a more humble background?

How much fun is it? Some people think it's all one big party. However, boarding houses tend to be quite strict, right?

No boys in rooms. :tongue:

Ever allowed out in the evenings? Presume not.

Does a bell wake you up in the mornings? :tongue:

Drugs, alcohol and sex?

A lot during the younger years, not much now as I have two jobs so I don't miss out anymore on trips etc, so now I only notice it when discussing politics, as I'm far more left-wing than my peers
It's nice to have friends around yeah, and yes it's a good laugh, but yes it can be very strict. I really like the matrons/mistresses though, and I stay out of trouble so I stay on their good side.
Nope, common rooms and kitchens only:smile:
Yes, to the gym, sports courts and the boy's boarding houses, providing rooms are tidy etc
Nope, breakfast is at half 7, snooze you lose:wink:
Recently just lost 5 pupils to expulsion due to drug related issues, and they're unfortunately quite common, many people get up to god knows what in certain spots that everyone seems to know about, but like I say, I stay out of trouble:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by BWV1007
What makes you interested in studying English lit?
What subjects are you currently doing?

I just love it! It's history, psychology, geography, languages, economics, politics etc all in one!!
English, Drama, Psychology and Religious Studies.
Reply 35
Original post by Trojan Horse
Do you support the free nipple movement

Yep
Original post by AJP98
their unfortunately quite common

As another product of a single-sex boarding school, and scholar, solidarity compels me to flag this, before you get shot down.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Student403
On a more serious note, do you find people irl to be as judgmental about private schoolers as online? I find irl people are a lot nicer and are less "Oh you go to a private school therefore you're loaded af therefore you're a spoilt sh**"

IRL people probably just think it without saying it, but become braver online due to anonymity.
Reply 38
Original post by DrSocSciences
As another product of a single-sex boarding school, solidarity compels me to flag this, before you get shot down.

Again, very sorry, I'm quite sleepy:smile:
Original post by AJP98
I just love it! It's history, psychology, geography, languages, economics, politics etc all in one!!
English, Drama, Psychology and Religious Studies.

You might enjoy PPE and Oxford because they study politics, philosophy and economics.

Quick Reply

Latest