The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Forgot about intersex when I made that statement lol. I never said you had to stick with the gender you're born with, but becoming something that doesn't exist within the realms of biology is effectively identifying as none-human.

It's not about becoming something different. It's just about how you identify, how you feel and see yourself. Some people, like me, don't feel that female or male fits how they are. After all there are so many humans it's crazy to expect everyone to fit neatly into those two boxes.
Reply 21
I dentify as Mewtwo:

Reply 22
Original post by BWV1007
What do you identify as?

Gender nonconforming. :tongue:
Reply 23
Original post by Alexion
I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing retarded but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

I sexually identify as a dubstep song my dream is to go wub wub wub on the dancefloor all night long
Reply 24
Well this thread is going wonderfully. :h:
Original post by Bad Faith
It's not about becoming something different. It's just about how you identify, how you feel and see yourself. Some people, like me, don't feel that female or male fits how they are.

That would by definition make you feel like something that cannot exist biologically within humanity, thus "something else"
Forgot about intersex when I made that statement lol. I never said you had to stick with the gender you're born with, but becoming something that doesn't exist within the realms of biology is effectively identifying as none-human.

But gender isn't biological.
Original post by Bad Faith
Well this thread is going wonderfully. :h:

Posting in Chat was your first mistake.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SmallTownGirl

The basis of male and female as genders stemmed entirely from physical differences between the two.
Reply 29
I used to think I was genderqueer because that's how everyone nonbinary identified back in the day. Then agender because I don't feel like I have one. I had a little while as male because I'm happy with being read as a man and having a male body. Now I've kind of lost interest in trying to understand how people can identify as a gender, let alone what mine is

I don't really understand identifying as a gender and I've gave up trying. I don't get how there can be a meaningful shared identity between almost half the world's population. Try as we may, I think it is unavoidable that all other genders are defined relative to male and female so by consequence I don't think they are meaningful either.

I tend to shut up about this because people are terribly touchy about it, especially other trans people :lol:
Original post by DiddyDec

Reminds me of the unknowns on Pokemon
Original post by Alexion
I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing retarded but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

Highly worthy of negging if it still existed. trivialising issues of sexuality or gender identity is neither big or clever ...
Original post by LonelyDemon
Reminds me of the unknowns on Pokemon

It can't be because there is one there or anything
Screenshot_1.png
Original post by Aria Enoshima
Screenshot_1.png

Good spot, but can you find the rest that don't belong?
Original post by Alexion

[video="youtube;__BZahm4lfY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__BZahm4lfY[/video]
Good spot, but can you find the rest that don't belong?

I can't be bothered to circle 95% of the list. I may or may not bother to later edit something in to make a fandom joke (since I clearly have nothing else to do then fish upvotes on Reddit).
Screenshot_1.png

I'm feeling triggered by the transaryan one :frown:

EDIT: If I sexually identify as an assassin maybe I can deal with this :sly:
(edited 8 years ago)
I can't be bothered to circle 95% of the list. I may or may not bother to later edit something in to make a fandom joke (since I clearly have nothing else to do then fish upvotes on Reddit).

There are more real ones than fake.
Reply 38
That would by definition make you feel like something that cannot exist biologically within humanity, thus "something else"

Original post by SmallTownGirl

The basis of male and female as genders stemmed entirely from physical differences between the two.

I agree with SmallTownGirl. And yeah you're right, the basis of gender stemmed from physical differences but it has grown into something bigger, I mean we have menswear and womenswear for god's sake. Our genitalia doesn't define how we should dress, or act. So it's kind of ignorant to think of gender and how it is in the world as merely biological, it has become more than that i.e gender norms. (Not that I agree with how gender is portrayed in society).

Posting in Chat was your first mistake.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't know where else to put it.

Original post by BKS
I used to think I was genderqueer because that's how everyone nonbinary identified back in the day. Then agender because I don't feel like I have one. I had a little while as male because I'm happy with being read as a man and having a male body. Now I've kind of lost interest in trying to understand how people can identify as a gender, let alone what mine is

I don't really understand identifying as a gender and I've gave up trying. I don't get how there can be a meaningful shared identity between almost half the world's population. Try as we may, I think it is unavoidable that all other genders are defined relative to male and female so by consequence I don't think they are meaningful either.

I tend to shut up about this because people are terribly touchy about it, especially other trans people :lol:

I totally agree with what you're saying, it's how I view gender. (I identify as gender nonconforming).
(edited 8 years ago)
a **** apparently. or so i get called

Latest