The Student Room Group

Year 11s GCSEs 2 months

How does everyone feel about GCSEs being around 2 months away?
This thread isn't here to scare you but to motivate you to revise :smile: I've seen a lot of people complaining and moaning about GCSEs and not wanting to fail. You've got 2 months you can turn those D grades into B-A* grades, the E and F grades into C+ grades and the U grades (hopefully none of you guys haha) also into C+ grades :smile: turn that negativity into positive energy!
Yr 12s and 13s can also join in if they wish to :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Mostly excited to just get the subjects I don't like over and done with but defo scared about results day! I want results day to come quickly but also want it to never come!
Great advice though :smile: has motivated me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
.. pretty nervous to be honest XD
I too can't wait to scrap half my subjects aha. It's just like steady pressure at the moment, where it feels like 'you should be revising' but 'you also need to watch that episode of ^^^^, because you missed it on thursday night'. 😂😇

Well im actually procrastinating on this, amidst my search for information on my physics ISA tomorrow.. not good ahaha.
Whenever I mention it's only two months away everyone screams at me for being unhelpful and scaring them (though it's usually the people who put in no effort who complain)

What subjects are you guys taking this year and what do you want to do next year?
Original post by Michelle9920
.. pretty nervous to be honest XD
I too can't wait to scrap half my subjects aha. It's just like steady pressure at the moment, where it feels like 'you should be revising' but 'you also need to watch that episode of ^^^^, because you missed it on thursday night'. 😂😇

Well im actually procrastinating on this, amidst my search for information on my physics ISA tomorrow.. not good ahaha.

Hahaha I totally understand that lol! Dont worry about the ISAs theyre quite easy tbh :smile: but just go over stuff today! Good luck im sure u'll do well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iwishicouldfly14
Whenever I mention it's only two months away everyone screams at me for being unhelpful and scaring them (though it's usually the people who put in no effort who complain)

What subjects are you guys taking this year and what do you want to do next year?

Hahahahaha same here! My friend hit me the other day cos I said that :tongue: and yh its mostly the people who know they wont revise and get the grades they want that start shouting!

Im taking the three sciences, RE, History and obvs the compulsory subjects haha. Im also doing french and computer science however it is not with my school lol wbu?

Im taking maths, further maths, economics, bio and chem next year u?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jeena_hunt5476
Hahahahaha same here! My friend hit me the other day cos I said that :tongue: and yh its mostly the people who know they wont revise and get the grades they want that start shouting!

Im taking the three sciences, RE, History and obvs the compulsory subjects haha. Im also doing french and computer science however it is not with my school lol wbu?

Im taking maths, further maths, economics, bio and chem next year u?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm taking triple science, compulsory subjects, French, Geography, Drama and Religious Studies as well as an FSMQ in additional maths. I was planning on taking another two languages outside of school, but I never got round to it - #mylife

I want to take Maths, Physics, Further Maths and Chemistry next year.
Hopefully everyone will be able to get the grades they want and do the subjects they want to for their A Levels!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Starting revision tomorrow... :/
Original post by surina16
Starting revision tomorrow... :/

That makes me feel so bad...... I'm not starting till April....
Admittedly I finished mocks 1.5 weeks ago.... but still...
Good luck!
Once I was in year 7
my head told me to remember to remember for the GCSEs...

Spoiler

Original post by iwishicouldfly14
That makes me feel so bad...... I'm not starting till April....
Admittedly I finished mocks 1.5 weeks ago.... but still...
Good luck!

That's okay! I'm starting because my mocks were straight after christmas and I haven't really revised since :colondollar:
Original post by surina16
That's okay! I'm starting because my mocks were straight after christmas and I haven't really revised since :colondollar:

Haha my mocks were before christmas but I am revising in April yikes!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Haha my mocks were before christmas but I am revising in April yikes!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't get around to starting today anyway :colondollar:
Reply 14
-Really need an A in Maths to do Maths at A level but scared I won't get it as I am always 7-9 marks off an A in mocks we do.
I'm pretty pissed tbh, I'm 1 mark off an A* in Maths, French and Science! I swear I'm cursed
I've been revising for over a month now, I feel like I'm making progress and I've scheduled it so I should be prepared for all my exams. At the moment I'm feeling fairly optimistic (not for C3 and P3 though haha) so its fine, just gotta keep working :smile:
Original post by caitlinford3
I've been revising for over a month now, I feel like I'm making progress and I've scheduled it so I should be prepared for all my exams. At the moment I'm feeling fairly optimistic (not for C3 and P3 though haha) so its fine, just gotta keep working :smile:

Thats really good! U've still got time to be confident about C3 and P3 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I need a lot of help... I'm currently on E's and F's because i'm lazy... how do i get myself into a revision "mindset" and not get carried away doing other unnecessary things??
Original post by Jeena_hunt5476
Thats really good! U've still got time to be confident about C3 and P3 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess so! Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest