The Student Room Group

English Literature is the barrier to my dreams...

I am doing fairly well in all my subjects including English Language. However, English Literature is threatening to jeopardize this. I am extremely hopeless at English Literature please give me techniques and things I can do to improve . My predicted grade is an A* and I am unsure right now as to whether I can achieve it.
nice username & what exam board are you on/what novels and stuff are you doing? I got an A* in iGCSE 100% exam a year early in yr 10 so I could send you some of my stuff through since I haven't deleted them from my computer haha
Original post by caitlinford3
nice username & what exam board are you on/what novels and stuff are you doing? I got an A* in iGCSE 100% exam a year early in yr 10 so I could send you some of my stuff through since I haven't deleted them from my computer haha

Thank you :smile: and I am doing the AQA exam board and the pieces I am doing are Of Mice and Men and An Inspector Calls. I would really appreciate it :smile:
Reply 3

Me too Pl0x, I need help. English Literature is the bane of my existence.
I'm like the opposite to you!
I'm good at English lit but I absolutely dread English language
If i were in your position, I would make a mind map analyzing each key quote and by analyse mean every single thing from the punctuation of it to structure...7
In the actual exam, what i do is like down the margiin i write stuff or key terms i woudl need to include in my work.
For example if i was analyzing a christmas carol, i would have like interpretations, structure,punctuation,caricature,context..
Also knowing those extra language/structural device will really show off your skills
e.g::syntax, diction,synesthesia,caesura, enjambment..)

if you have notes on OMAM and AIC that would be much appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest