The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

did anyone get a unconditional offer from oxford brookes?

Really want to study real estate at uni, just interested if anyone got an unconditional offer of oxford brookes studying real estate. Or just a unconditional offer in general?

Scroll to see replies

Yes, I got and unconditional for Architecture.
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by S-Beasley
Yes, I got and unconditional for Architecture.

I got an unconditional for architecture too. Did you put brookes as first choice then?
Yeah, have you firmed Brookes?
Reply 4
Yeah, have you firmed Brookes?

Yup I have too
Have you looked at accommodation yet?
So does everyone receive a possible unconditional offer if they firm their offer with Brookes?
I think that it will say if it's unconditional or not, not 100% though.
Reply 8
Hey, I'm going to study English Lit next year and Brookes offered me an unconditional but only if firmed it. I did that and it took a couple of weeks to get it through UCAS as an unconditional but it has changed. Hopefully that helped a little, I don't know if that was your scenario too.
Reply 9
Yes I had the same - got told that if I put brookes as firm choice, they will give me an unconditional. When I did, they didn't give it to me straight away and I rung them up to ask about it. They said they give you a 2 week wait in case applicants change their mind. So 2 weeks later they sent it through to me. If they said they'll give you it, then they deffo will. I was confused too so Hope this helps
Reply 10
Have you looked at accommodation yet?

Yeah I will be going for Clive Booth or Cheney village as my top choices I recon. Have you?
Also did you go to the aplicant day beginning of March?
Yeah I'll be going for the same, no I didn't go to the applicant open day, did you?
Reply 12
Yeah I'll be going for the same, no I didn't go to the applicant open day, did you?

I did, was very similar to their open day but also went to a talk on student life and a presentation of some otpf the students projects which were quite good.
Oh cool, did you see any of the accommodation whilst you were there? When I had my interview I only briefly looked at the architecture specific facilities, and that's about it.
Reply 14
Ah fair, Yeah I've been round to see accomodation twice actually. (And been to the uni like 3 times now -_- haha) major difference between the two I mentioned above are that one has a wet room bathroom, which isn't very gd if you enjoy splashing around in the shower and tings, but is closer to uni. Whereas the other has a separate shower cabin, but is slightly further away. Also you have to walk down quite a dark path along a set on enlotments which I wasn't really sure about in the sense of security. But generally they're both very similar. I'm assuming you haven't seen them..?
Oh cool, I've looked online to see the rooms and the location on maps etc. but not in real life no. Which one did you like more? I like the looks of Cheney because of its location being next to the gym, hockey pitches and our block. But the 50 week contract seems a bit wasted for me, as I'll go home in the holidays.
Reply 16
Oh cool, I've looked online to see the rooms and the location on maps etc. but not in real life no. Which one did you like more? I like the looks of Cheney because of its location being next to the gym, hockey pitches and our block. But the 50 week contract seems a bit wasted for me, as I'll go home in the holidays.

I preferred Cheney too.
When i was looking round it, one of the students living there said that you can organise for someone else to rent it out in the holidays. So whoever is in charge of accomodation sorts it our for you and all you need to do is to let them know, and they will find someone.
Yeah. That's pretty cool, thanks. What was the date of your interview? Just wondering if we had them at the same time.
Reply 18
Yeah. That's pretty cool, thanks. What was the date of your interview? Just wondering if we had them at the same time.

it was 25th November, when was yours?
Original post by Smasha
I preferred Cheney too.
When i was looking round it, one of the students living there said that you can organise for someone else to rent it out in the holidays. So whoever is in charge of accomodation sorts it our for you and all you need to do is to let them know, and they will find someone.

Wrong. You can get someone to take over your contract but its up to you to sort it out. It is unlikely you will get anyone to do this too.
If you don't wanna pay the 50 week don't bother applying for Cheney.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending