The Student Room Group

Private school kid - AMA

Scroll to see replies

In depth history of your accent?
Reply 61
Original post by similarBlank
In depth history of your accent?

My father is a scouser, so it was pretty standard up until secondary school, I voice audiobooks etc now so I can show you exactly:
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/yesterdays_065_wilcox_128kb.mp3
Original post by AJP98
No I don't, I have done, I'd rather not disclose, 5ft 5" and 40-32-40

Hehe

Sorry about that. :tongue:

Sounds good. :wink:
How, if at all, can we prevent the use of nuclear bombs, chemical weapons and biologocal weapons by small groups of terrorists?
Reply 64
Original post by I_Mir
How, if at all, can we prevent the use of nuclear bombs, chemical weapons and biologocal weapons by small groups of terrorists?

I've not a clue, I do wish I knew:smile:
Original post by AJP98
I've not a clue, I do wish I knew:smile:

Do the school ever put on parties?
Original post by AJP98
My father is a scouser, so it was pretty standard up until secondary school, I voice audiobooks etc now so I can show you exactly:
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/yesterdays_065_wilcox_128kb.mp3

Interesting.... The sound quality is good, what did you use to record it? (Completely unrelated, I know, I'm sorry. :P)

I'm probably going to a private university (via scholarship, etc.) so I'm finding this thread most fascinating.
Reply 67
Original post by stefano865
Do the school ever put on parties?

Sometimes
Reply 68
Interesting.... The sound quality is good, what did you use to record it? (Completely unrelated, I know, I'm sorry. :P)

I'm probably going to a private university (via scholarship, etc.) so I'm finding this thread most fascinating.

Apple headphones:')!
Enjoy much bitterness, It's common!:wink:
Original post by AJP98

By boarder I guess you mean boarding school. What's that like? Is it like university or do you actually have curfews like in the movies?

Never knew anyone who goes to one so I'm clueless!
Do you have a room mate?
Was gonna ask if you guys played soggy biscuit when bored but you're a girl..... How's the grass there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going to have to agree with you and say that the stereotypes are very far from the reality at boarding school, majority of people are really humble and down to earth, then again you have nasty pretentious people everywhere!
Do you also like boarding or wish you went to state school?
Reply 73
Original post by BristolFresher15
By boarder I guess you mean boarding school. What's that like? Is it like university or do you actually have curfews like in the movies?

Never knew anyone who goes to one so I'm clueless!

I don't know what uni is like, but yes we have curfew, 10pm for senior girls. I'm not sure about middle/lower school girls, or the boys:smile:
Reply 74
Do you have a room mate?

I do, but she's rarely here at the moment! She's lovely:smile:
Reply 75
Original post by drandy76
Was gonna ask if you guys played soggy biscuit when bored but you're a girl..... How's the grass there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know what that is, sorry!:smile: You can't walk on it if you're not sixth form:smile:
Reply 76
Original post by mariewilliams
I'm going to have to agree with you and say that the stereotypes are very far from the reality at boarding school, majority of people are really humble and down to earth, then again you have nasty pretentious people everywhere!
Do you also like boarding or wish you went to state school?

Very much agreed! I love boarding, it's amazing, and I wish I'd had the friendships people make in state schools (more people etc) and I wish I was around the less capitalistic, right-wing-ness of private, but I do like my school alot:smile:
Original post by AJP98
I don't know what that is, sorry!:smile: You can't walk on it if you're not sixth form:smile:

Wouldn't advise googling it tbh, that's good, I like to think grass quality is closely linked to the quality of the institution

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Original post by drandy76
Wouldn't advise googling it tbh, that's good, I like to think grass quality is closely linked to the quality of the institution

Posted from TSR Mobile

I shan't, and I agree
Intetesting.... would you describe yoyourself as introverted It's just I would describe myself that way and I'm concerned about having a room mate.

Seperate question: what are the facilities like? Is there a TV?

Quick Reply

Latest