The Student Room Group

Finished uni now bored

As the title says I graduated last summer with a 2.1 and now im working in a some what relevant job role, its not bad but its not demanding enough for me, the pay is decent too, my main job role would be either the police or teaching but I would rather go into the police, ive submitted my application form for a full time officer and if that doesnt work i'll do some voluntary work.

But im so bored its my day off but bloody hell instead of the relief im just sat at home, I meet my friends here and there. But I just miss that intensity of uni and the feeling of accomplishment. Fair enough its nice not to have the stress of uni but it just seems so dull.

What can I do ? Does anyone else feel like this :frown:

Scroll to see replies

hit the gym
Msc or MA?
Reply 3
Take up some form of Martial Arts. It will definitely help relieve the boredom and will also be very useful in the police force.
Reply 4
Original post by Trojan Horse
hit the gym

Doing that, its ok when I see results but its only like and hour there and then back home.
Reply 5
Original post by HeimIX
Take up some form of Martial Arts. It will definitely help relieve the boredom and will also be very useful in the police force.

A lot of them are during the evening especially at the gym I go to. What about relieving boredom during the day.
Reply 6
Original post by hihihihihi
Msc or MA?

What good will that do ? In what field you thinking ?
Reply 7
Original post by redleader1
A lot of them are during the evening especially at the gym I go to. What about relieving boredom during the day.

Hmm, video games?
As the title says I graduated last summer with a 2.1 and now im working in a some what relevant job role, its not bad but its not demanding enough for me, the pay is decent too, my main job role would be either the police or teaching but I would rather go into the police, ive submitted my application form for a full time officer and if that doesnt work i'll do some voluntary work.

But im so bored its my day off but bloody hell instead of the relief im just sat at home, I meet my friends here and there. But I just miss that intensity of uni and the feeling of accomplishment. Fair enough its nice not to have the stress of uni but it just seems so dull.

What can I do ? Does anyone else feel like this :frown:

I'm in the same position but it's more than a year since I graduated and most of my mates have buggered off to Australia and places so I can't see them. (I have made more friends but still).

I still miss uni and want to go back it doesn't get better sorry if that's bring down.
Reply 9
Original post by HeimIX
Hmm, video games?

Too boring and isolating
Original post by jonathanemptage

I still miss uni and want to go back it doesn't get better sorry if that's bring down.

It will get better life's all about moving foward but in the mean time wtf can you do ?
It will get better life's all about moving foward but in the mean time wtf can you do ?

To be honest with you I come on hear to try and keep that student feeling and I've been graduated a long time it's been 6 years.
morning jogs to pass that bleep test, volunteer as a community support officer or police support volunteer? I work in a totally different sector but we liased with a community support officer in our woods quite a lot and he told us how hard he had to fight to get into the police he wouldn't have managed it without his extra experience. depending on where you want to go into once youre in the police you could do some advanced driving or high speed driving courses for motorways (look at courses for ambulance drivers as these tend to fit in to the same category) or go to dog training classes (I know dog handlers get given trained dogs or are trained with dogs anyway with the police but itd look good and shows interest if you know the basics of dog handling) or maybe do some online law courses to stay brushed up on relevant legislation and whats an offence etc
Since when did police officers have degrees?
Original post by PinkAcid
morning jogs to pass that bleep test, volunteer as a community support officer or police support volunteer? I work in a totally different sector but we liased with a community support officer in our woods quite a lot and he told us how hard he had to fight to get into the police he wouldn't have managed it without his extra experience. depending on where you want to go into once youre in the police you could do some advanced driving or high speed driving courses for motorways (look at courses for ambulance drivers as these tend to fit in to the same category) or go to dog training classes (I know dog handlers get given trained dogs or are trained with dogs anyway with the police but itd look good and shows interest if you know the basics of dog handling) or maybe do some online law courses to stay brushed up on relevant legislation and whats an offence etc

I am volunteering with the police on a part time basis and I have passed the bleep test.
Original post by Des_Lumières
Since when did police officers have degrees?

Degree's will help in employment and by 2019 police officers will need a degree.
Get married

Go shopping or just sleep in till the afternoon then most of your day is already gone.
You need to get some hobbies, find something that interests you and gives you a spark

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending