The Student Room Group
Graduation
Arts University Bournemouth
Poole
Visit website

AUB Student Accommodation 2016

Hi, I will be studying the art foundation course at Bournemouth arts in September and was wondering if any one else on the course was applying for halls or going into private accommodation. I'm stuck between which to choose so would be great to hear what everyone else is doing! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Charlottem07
Hi, I will be studying the art foundation course at Bournemouth arts in September and was wondering if any one else on the course was applying for halls or going into private accommodation. I'm stuck between which to choose so would be great to hear what everyone else is doing! :smile:

I'm going straight into private accommodation as halls doesn't sound that good.
Graduation
Arts University Bournemouth
Poole
Visit website
Heya,

Any thoughts on AUB accomodation? How far have people gotten in terms of applying?
Reply 3
I'm also doing Foundation and have applied for halls at Madeira Road :smile:
Reply 4
Reply 5
Original post by pensievly

Yeah i have applied for Madeira too! I also booked an accommodation day incase i don't get a place. i hope i do though xx
Reply 6
We are three guys who will be studying art foundation at Aub in September. We live in Wiltshire and have been told we are highly unlikely to get halls. So we have found a lovely 4 bed house to rent but can't proceed without a fourth person. Approx, 20 minute cycle to town and AUB. Modern kitchen/bathroom,good size rooms,lovely garden,£80 per week plus bills.

If interested and able to sort out deposits etc quickly,let me know asap
Reply 7
Original post by Charlottem07
Yeah i have applied for Madeira too! I also booked an accommodation day incase i don't get a place. i hope i do though xx

I live in Spain so I think the chances of me getting a place are quite likely, or I hope so anyway :K:
Reply 8
Hi,
I have accepted an offer to study BA (Hons) Makeup for Media and Performance at AUB and would love some advise on accommodation.. Ideally I'd like to stay in halls, preferably Madeira Road but after reading up on what others have said I'm unsure now on the likely hood of getting accepted as priority goes to disabled students, international students and then from furthest distance. I live in Coventry which is around 3 hours away from Bournemouth and don't particularly want a studio because of the isolation, I'd prefer a cluster flat type of thing where it's more sociable and still won't have to share a bathroom. Anywhere else I can look? or any advise on Madeira? Anyone else looking at the Media makeup course?

Reply 9
I've applied for madeira road too! also gonna book an accommodation day just in case :smile:
Reply 10
I am considering attending this university starting this September 2016 but I have no idea what to do with accommodation?

Preferably near the sea-side / town so it's an easy access to like shops, clubs, bars and restaurants. I will consider alternatives though if anyone has suggestions? Like where is the best place to live in Bournemouth.

Thanksssss
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by miakia
I've applied for madeira road too! also gonna book an accommodation day just in case :smile:

Applied for Maderia Road and Bath Road x
I am going to AUB in Sept for Textiles! I am having the same trouble, it's so difficult to figure out. :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by geeorgiaburton
I am going to AUB in Sept for Textiles! I am having the same trouble, it's so difficult to figure out. :frown:

The halls are limited and the housing is deficulttttt because most houses require to be let as a whole rather than by rooms, seriously need advice :frown:
Hi,
AUB will probably be my firm.
I'm approximately 2 hours from Bournemouth so will have to do a house/flat share.
The accommodation day in July sounds pretty daunting, but I guess we'll all be in the same situation.
X
There's a reasonable chance you will get a place in hall - there's enough space for nearly half of entrants and a good proportion of students come from within the local area (especially for the foundation).

If not then the BU website has some good directions about the alternatives if you're concerned about jumping straight into a student house: https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/discover/accommodation/alternative-accommodation-options there's at least 2 private halls offering flatshares rather than studio setups both handy for the buses to AUB campus. There's nothing to stop you from getting together with other AUB students at an accommodation day and going for one of those options together.

Bournemouth has a LOT of language schools with students visiting for anything from a week to a few years so there's many more options available than in your standard uni city. Even short term options living with a host family if you aren't sure about committing to a shared house straight away.
Reply 16
Can anyone suggest any good accommodation/house in Bournemouth?

It's really hard to look for places to live in. I'd prefer for it to be in town center because everything is accessible there, but alternatives are also welcome?

I am starting my first year in AUB this September.

:frown:
Original post by hgopxo
Can anyone suggest any good accommodation/house in Bournemouth?

It's really hard to look for places to live in. I'd prefer for it to be in town center because everything is accessible there, but alternatives are also welcome?

I am starting my first year in AUB this September.

:frown:

I've heard Charminister and Winton are supposed to be the most lively 'student' areas of bournemouth! But town centre also would be good as its close to halls and shops etc.. RightMove students has a lot to offer at the moment swell as the AUB student accommodation portal.

Hope this helps.
Hey,
Has any other first years getting private rented accommodation and/or going to accommodation day(s)?
Or are like me and applied for halls and didn't get in :P

In short... I'm looking for mates and a place to live :biggrin:
Hello,

I'm looking for other people I can house/flat share with who are also going to AUB, so if you are please get in touch. I will also be attending the Accommodation Day on the 26th August, is anyone else going?

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending