The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rk2k14
Basti isn't fit enough to start vs Liverpool according to LVG. RIP Europe League. RIP Champions League.

what was he doing? i hope hes on the bench atleast...need carrick to bring his A game tommorow...schnderlin must start of fellaini(bring him off the bench)
Another Neuer Mistake. DDG is the same level.
I like Fellaini

He seems like a nice guy who loves his family.

I wish he'd leave so his poor footballing skills stop me disliking a nice guy.
Original post by Rk2k14
That first paragraph is BS because Mata is good in tight situations. See Stoke game for 'tight situations' and 'hurts our transition from defence to attack'.

Second paragraph is also nonsense because since he's played in CAM Mata's been one of the best players in the team. He's not so inconsistent. Every player in our team apart from De Gea has bad games so to single him out is just wrong.
Also, its pretty hard to counter when the opposition is in your final third... Think you're confused pal.

One game doesn't change anything. Whenever he has been confronted by many defenders or players backing him into a tight space,rarely do you see him wriggle out of it. More often than not he loses the ball.

No he hasn't. Scoring a goal here and there doesn't change the fact that he is inconsistent. I can't remember the last time he even put a string of games together where he played very good and being one of the more senior players the past two season, he has not even come close to showing the form he has for Chelsea. How many times have you seen him step up when our team is struggling? Possibly once or twice this season apart from that he hides or just disappears. He isn't even a world class player anymore in my eyes and I wouldn't at all be sad to see him leave this summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, dayummmmmmm Bayern going out the CL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pep fraud confirmed
Bayern are getting destroyed. It'd be hilarious if City with Pellers got further than Pep
Original post by Dirtybit
Another Neuer Mistake. DDG is the same level.

Because nobody's allowed a bad game.

I'm sure Real will appreciate his quality next season :smile:
Bayern could bin Pep before the season finishes if they go out of the CL tonight - and people say Mourinho would be joining United under pressure. Pep just as much IMO.

For tomorrow, I think it'll be a 1-1 unfortunately. Don't see us keeping a clean sheet despite DDG's heroics but think they'll score early after a bright start from us.
Bayern have done incredibly well to come back from 2-0 down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Bayern have done incredibly well to come back from 2-0 down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what the best teams in the world do.

An English team wouldn't do that...
Original post by Lúcio
That's what the best teams in the world do.

An English team wouldn't do that...

That's because none of the English teams are any good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
Because nobody's allowed a bad game.

I'm sure Real will appreciate his quality next season :smile:

Neuer's made loads of mistakes this season. Nearly as many as Mignolet.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
That's because none of the English teams are any good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done spelling out the exact point I was making :colonhash:
Original post by Dirtybit
Neuer's made loads of mistakes this season. Nearly as many as Mignolet.

Come on mate, you know that isn't true.

Mignolet is class.
Original post by Lúcio
Well done spelling out the exact point I was making :colonhash:

k

Great goal from Bayern 3-2. Juventus have really shot themselves in the foot.

****ing hell all over now 4-2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Thiago confirming he is the next great midfielder
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Thiago confirming he is the next great midfielder

Coman confirming he is the next great attacker
Original post by Lúcio
Coman confirming he is the next great attacker

That's Martial

#GoldenBoy
Gets to the hard truth of why we aren't a top side though, and why a player like DDG wins our POTY with ease. Team for the most part is substandard quality compared to the competition.

I think the whole Herrera v Mata thing emphasises why Mata was stuck out on the wing for so long. You need a industrious midfield two behind him to make up for his lack of work rate and physicality. That being said, we don't have anyone who can match his quality and vision on the ball in the final third. Considering the pace of our play, kind of surprised we haven't seen Basti tested there actually, Pep did on occasion, but he proved ill suited to high tempo play.

Thiago is such a player though, painful to think we came anywhere near close to signing him.

Latest