The Student Room Group

Private school kid - AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AJP98
I don't know what uni is like, but yes we have curfew, 10pm for senior girls. I'm not sure about middle/lower school girls, or the boys:smile:

Interesting. But I guess you're allowed to leave and go wherever until 10 pm? Do you have scheduled stuff to do throughout the day? Or is it just normal classes then independent study like high school?
Reply 81
Original post by BristolFresher15
Interesting. But I guess you're allowed to leave and go wherever until 10 pm? Do you have scheduled stuff to do throughout the day? Or is it just normal classes then independent study like high school?

Nope, it must be on school grounds:smile: I have classes and free periods like most schools, as well as enrichment!
Are you at all surprised by the pathetic questions by the jealous people who went to went to pleb schools?
Reply 83
Original post by thunder_chunky
Are you at all surprised by the pathetic questions by the jealous people who went to went to pleb schools?

Nope, compy banter at it's finest:wink:
Reply 84
Original post by similarBlank
Intetesting.... would you describe yoyourself as introverted It's just I would describe myself that way and I'm concerned about having a room mate.

Seperate question: what are the facilities like? Is there a TV?

No, quite the opposite actually! To be honest, it's really not that bad, as we actually hated one another and when we found out we'd be rooming together, we kicked off! Now we get on like a house on fire, it's so nice to have somone to watch films with and bitch with or ask advice from:smile:
Not in our room no, but there is in common rooms etc, and I like the facillities:smile:
Original post by AJP98
Nope, it must be on school grounds:smile: I have classes and free periods like most schools, as well as enrichment!

Wow, that sounds like it sucks. But at least you enjoy it!

What're you planning on studying when you graduate? And I guess you're leaving this year?
Reply 86
Original post by BristolFresher15
Wow, that sounds like it sucks. But at least you enjoy it!

What're you planning on studying when you graduate? And I guess you're leaving this year?

I don't go out much:smile:
English lit, and I'm leaving next year:smile:
Original post by AJP98

Neither do I :P I hate it though.

Awesome, good luck to you :smile:
Original post by AJP98

How sad will you be? :cry2:

Do you reckon you will keep these friends for life? :smile:
What type of boarding school are you at? (as in how well known, girls, religious, sporty or academic etc?)
Reply 90
Original post by stefano865
How sad will you be? :cry2:

Do you reckon you will keep these friends for life? :smile:

Absoloutely devastated, and no x
Original post by AJP98
Absoloutely devastated, and no x

Really?

I guess it is unrealistic, isn't it.

Are you looking forward to meeting a greater diversity of people at uni? :biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by Mayhem™
do you feel special because mummy and daddy paid for school?

Spoiler

Grow up, that attitude will not get you anywhere in a professional career.
Original post by balanced
Grow up, that attitude will not get you anywhere in a professional career.

I take it you didn't read the spoiler- it's a joke...
What's the capital of Niger?
Original post by Student403
On a more serious note, do you find people irl to be as judgmental about private schoolers as online? I find irl people are a lot nicer and are less "Oh you go to a private school therefore you're loaded af therefore you're a spoilt sh**"

I find that in real life, older people are much more friendly to me. However anyone my age is extremly rude, and a neighbouring state school has a very big reputation of violence, they've broken into the school, stolen veichles etc. They are not exactly friendly to us at all, which is a shame really.
(I go to private school which has a 'posh' reputation)
Reply 96
Original post by stefano865
Really?

I guess it is unrealistic, isn't it.

Are you looking forward to meeting a greater diversity of people at uni? :biggrin:

Spoiler

I'm just not that close to many people:smile:
yes, uni is my window:')
Original post by Mayhem™
I take it you didn't read the spoiler- it's a joke...

And not a good one, your spoiler just made you sound even more condescending.
Original post by TheLifelessRobot
And not a good one, your spoiler just made you sound even more condescending.

cry me a river baby
What are those?

Quick Reply

Latest