The Student Room Group

GCSE ICT Edexcel 2016

Hello guys,

I've decided to start this thread to unite students studying GCSE Edexcel ICT as well as encourage everyone to share ideas and tips to help us achieve the best we can.

I've just completed the Animal Shelter CAB (60% of the final grade) and will start revising as from today.

Please help spread this thread around. Hopefully, it'll prove useful and benefit all of us in someway.

Thank you :smile:

- Unit 1 Exam: "Living In A Digital World" will take place on Wednesday 18th May 2016

Here is a list of several resources that could come in handy for the exam.

Specification:

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/GCSE/ICT/2010/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/GCSE_ICT_Spec_2012.pdf

Quick link to past papers:

http://www.fastpastpapers.com/page589.html

The Spring 2015 Technology update:

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/GCSE/ICT/2010/Teaching%20and%20learning%20materials/Technology_Update_2015_Issue_6.pdf

Some useful revision flash cards I stumbled upon online:

https://getrevising.co.uk/revision-tests/edexcel_gcse_ict_revision
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone else's ICT teacher awful?
good luck to your guys - i did it last year and went fab :u:
Original post by history fanatic
x

your last 2 links doesn't work
Original post by fatima1998
good luck to your guys - i did it last year and went fab :u:

Haha thank you, I'm just really worried because we haven't done any of the theory and our coursework needs to be remarked :3
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Haha thank you, I'm just really worried because we haven't done any of the theory and our coursework needs to be remarked :3

not a good sign :no:
i would advise you to start your own theory :biggrin:
dont wait for the teacher otherwise you won't have enough time to revise at the end :h:
and ensure that you get the maximum grade in your coursework
not a good sign :no:
i would advise you to start your own theory :biggrin:
dont wait for the teacher otherwise you won't have enough time to revise at the end :h:
and ensure that you get the maximum grade in your coursework

What overall grade did you achieve?
Original post by ameenatariq
What overall grade did you achieve?

A*:proud:
A*:proud:

What mark did you get in your coursework? And any tips on how to do well in the exam?? :smile:
Original post by ameenatariq
What mark did you get in your coursework? And any tips on how to do well in the exam?? :smile:

i can't remember now - it was a year back now :biggrin:
but for your exams - i would say, try to remember all of your content plus do research, don't just rely on revision guides because there will be exam questions where they will give you a scenario and you gotta apply to learning so try to apply that
i can't remember now - it was a year back now :biggrin:
but for your exams - i would say, try to remember all of your content plus do research, don't just rely on revision guides because there will be exam questions where they will give you a scenario and you gotta apply to learning so try to apply that

Oh okay thanks x
Whoever doesn't have it, I absolutely recommend -

Revise Edexcel: Edexcel GCSE ICT Revision Guide by Nicky Hughes and David Waller

It's brilliant and covers the entire specification in great detail. :smile:
Hey guys! I'm revising for this too and I made these flashcards if you guys wanna use them :smile: They're based on the Edexcel Revision Guide. Tell me if you've checked them out and whether you found them useful at all! Also, I really love the site, it allows me to take a break from all the writing notes I do ahaha

https://www.brainscape.com/packs/7409133/invitation?referrer=2082912
Original post by keerthik
Hey guys! I'm revising for this too and I made these flashcards if you guys wanna use them :smile: They're based on the Edexcel Revision Guide. Tell me if you've checked them out and whether you found them useful at all! Also, I really love the site, it allows me to take a break from all the writing notes I do ahaha

https://www.brainscape.com/packs/7409133/invitation?referrer=2082912

Thank you so much for sharing this!!! I've gone through some of them and they're great, definitely going to be using this for my revision.

Thanks a lot :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you so much for sharing this!!! I've gone through some of them and they're great, definitely going to be using this for my revision.

Thanks a lot :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great! I found this useful and I'm happy it's helping others too ^-^
I predict latest technology such as drones might come up or online banking?. Anything else? Hopefully this will come up as a 6 mark!

Revise Edexcel: Edexcel GCSE ICT Revision Guide by Nicky Hughes and David Waller

Agreed. I have this and the workbook! Its so useful.

Original post by keerthik
Hey guys! I'm revising for this too and I made these flashcards if you guys wanna use them

Thanks!
Original post by SmallTown
I predict latest technology such as drones might come up or online banking?. Anything else? Hopefully this will come up as a 6 mark!

Spoke to my teacher about this today! He said it was quite difficult to predict the questions on this exam. However he did emphasise on home networks and online shopping and suggested they could potentially come out this year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am not doing GCSE ICT however I am studying at degree level ICT so If I can help anyone I am more than welcome :smile:
Original post by urbanlocations
I am not doing GCSE ICT however I am studying at degree level ICT so If I can help anyone I am more than welcome :smile:

That's awesome, I'll probably take you up on that offer when I start revision tomorrow :biggrin:
What do you want to do after your degree?
Original post by ScienceFantatic
That's awesome, I'll probably take you up on that offer when I start revision tomorrow :biggrin:
What do you want to do after your degree?

Become an ICT teacher!!! surprisingly!

You guys can be my first pupils :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending