The Student Room Group

How hard is it to get an A* in a level psychology AQA SPEC A?

I really need an A* to get into my firm uni choice. At the moment I use the dog book ( if you know what one I mean) and loopa essays to make my own essay plans and then revise from those. I've made essay plans for all topics apart from one and am yet to do research methods. I basically don't have a teacher because mine are so terrible so any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks !
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown:

Why not try posting in a specific subject forum- you might have more luck there.

Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses. :redface:

:h:
Original post by phoebecushion
I really need an A* to get into my firm uni choice. At the moment I use the dog book ( if you know what one I mean) and loopa essays to make my own essay plans and then revise from those. I've made essay plans for all topics apart from one and am yet to do research methods. I basically don't have a teacher because mine are so terrible so any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks !

I want to know the same thing, I have the cat book and I'm aiming for an A so badly to get into the university I want to :frown:
Original post by LemonadeAspire
I want to know the same thing, I have the cat book and I'm aiming for an A so badly to get into the university I want to :frown:

aw are you year 12 or 13? x
aw are you year 12 or 13? x

Year 12, on the 16th of May is our AS Psychology (new spec though-doesn't count as anything but determines whether or not I'll get into year 13 still studying Psychology) I'm aiming for an A/B for Psychology but mostly an A so I was wondering how it is.. The content is too much and I'm starting to forget the previous things I've learnt and it's making me more stressed out!! :frown:
Year 12, on the 16th of May is our AS Psychology (new spec though-doesn't count as anything but determines whether or not I'll get into year 13 still studying Psychology) I'm aiming for an A/B for Psychology but mostly an A so I was wondering how it is.. The content is too much and I'm starting to forget the previous things I've learnt and it's making me more stressed out!! :frown:

dont worry! I only used the cat book for AS and it was fine just make cue cards and make sure you know studies and do past papers, dont worry about the whole A* thing until next year x good luck im sure youll get the grade you want:smile:
dont worry! I only used the cat book for AS and it was fine just make cue cards and make sure you know studies and do past papers, dont worry about the whole A* thing until next year x good luck im sure youll get the grade you want:smile:

I'm going to make cue cards but what I do is each topic I highlight the important parts then work my way through all the highlights I made rewriting it over and over again until I know it off by heart (Everyday one topic-it's enough as I'll be left with a few days to go back and recap) However I'm starting to forget everything due to stress and I don't know how to calm myself and get myself back on track.

What you studying? What University do you want to go to? & What do you plan on studying or becoming? :smile:
I'm going to make cue cards but what I do is each topic I highlight the important parts then work my way through all the highlights I made rewriting it over and over again until I know it off by heart (Everyday one topic-it's enough as I'll be left with a few days to go back and recap) However I'm starting to forget everything due to stress and I don't know how to calm myself and get myself back on track.

What you studying? What University do you want to go to? & What do you plan on studying or becoming? :smile:

dont stress im sure youre doing more than other people and the exam is still quite far off. It sounds like youve got a good revision strategy going, and im going to either bath or birmigham hopefully to do psych and hopefully be a psychologist but well see:smile: atm i study psych bio and history x
dont stress im sure youre doing more than other people and the exam is still quite far off. It sounds like youve got a good revision strategy going, and im going to either bath or birmigham hopefully to do psych and hopefully be a psychologist but well see:smile: atm i study psych bio and history x

Same here, I want to go and study psychology then if goes amazing and I come out with amazing score each year then maybe postgraduate for Clinical Psychology. I really want to study it at Manchester but I have backup if that doesn't work, York, Liverpool, Durham, Nottingham or others can't remember. Ahhh I wish everything works out!!!! Good luck on yours too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest