The Student Room Group

What happened when you spoke to your crush for the first time

Did it go well or not.
How did it go afterwards when you saw them (was there any eye contact, smiles, did you say hi to each other)?
Experiences.
When i spoke to mine i think things went well . Although she didnt try to keep thr conversation going (but i didnt know her at all beforehand).
There was a little eye contact and she smiled a fair amount. She also blushed when i complimented her.
So yeah how did it go?

Scroll to see replies

For my latest one, nothing happened. We first talked when I'd forgotten my textbook and asked if I could sit next to her, did a tiny bit of flirting and the next week I saw her I asked if she wanted to prepare for a test we had, she said yes but nothing materialised as she was busy. I had her number but only got one sentence responses so didn't force it and haven't seen her since, except once when I walked past her on campus and I don't think she saw me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SeanFM
For my latest one, nothing happened. We first talked when I'd forgotten my textbook and asked if I could sit next to her, did a tiny bit of flirting and the next week I saw her I asked if she wanted to prepare for a test we had, she said yes but nothing materialised as she was busy. I had her number but only got one sentence responses so didn't force it and haven't seen her since, except once when I walked past her on campus and I don't think she saw me.

Im sorry to hear that.
It sucks that she was busy but at least you tried. You got to speak to her and bond a little. Ive only ever got one girls number (i dont have it anymore. I now hate her).
One sentence replies do suck especially when youre putting a lot of effort in to it.
I guess it was a bit awkward when you saw wach other.
Thanks for the response.
When I spoke to my crush i kept on stuttering...she thought I was "special"
Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D
When I spoke to my crush i kept on stuttering...she thought I was "special"

I assume it was down to being really nervous about it.
Surely she didn't tell you that. If she did that's really harsh. I bet it hurt to hear that too.
My crush spoke to me first:love:
And now we just wave at each other when we see each other :ahee:
Original post by toonervoustotalk
My crush spoke to me first:love:
And now we just wave at each other when we see each other :ahee:

Nice one!
I'd love for that to happen but sadly is hasn't yet.
Did things break down between you two or what happened there, or do you still hang out?
I don't crush on people lol
Original post by FireFreezer77
Nice one!
I'd love for that to happen but sadly is hasn't yet.
Did things break down between you two or what happened there, or do you still hang out?

Only spoken to her once :toofunny:
We are hardly/never free at the same times :cry: and i chicken out going to talk to her cause i overthink like mad :dry: and she is always witg her friends which makes me feel concious if i was to start a convo with her lol
Original post by AthiaKarim
I don't crush on people lol

How?
I find it impossible not to notice someone. Although I went around 1.5 years between this and when my previous crush ended.
I realised that he wasn't all that I'd hyped him up to be, and my obsessive crushings just kinda flat lined now. Still crushings, just not as hard, and I can actually communicate with him on a more coherent level than I thought possible 😂
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Only spoken to her once :toofunny:
We are hardly/never free at the same times :cry: and i chicken out going to talk to her cause i overthink like mad :dry: and she is always witg her friends which makes me feel concious if i was to start a convo with her lol

Same here. I only see her during a certain time once a week.
That's a bummer then.
That's what happened when I went to speak to my crush for the first time. I chickened out right next to her. I did it the week after (last week) though. I got too nervous about it.
Being with her friends defo makes it a hell of a lot harder.
I feel for ya. It's really hard.
Do you have her number. If so maybe call her and arrange to meet her when you're both free.
He said "Aww :hugs: I'm flattered" etc etc and that was it :cry:
How?
I find it impossible not to notice someone. Although I went around 1.5 years between this and when my previous crush ended.

I don't know, I dont crush on people, I can't remember the last time I did
I really don't fall for a guys looks and I guess I start to like someone when I get to know them. But I haven't ever been in that stage when I know someone well enough to like.
I just normally get all tongue tied or just get so worked up that I actually can't think of what to say.
Tragic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
I realised that he wasn't all that I'd hyped him up to be, and my obsessive crushings just kinda flat lined now. Still crushings, just not as hard, and I can actually communicate with him on a more coherent level than I thought possible 😂

Sorry to hear that.
It hurts when you get them hyped up in your mind and then they turn out to be an ass.
It's good you can communicate more normally now. Defo makes it easier :smile:
Same here. I only see her during a certain time once a week.
That's a bummer then.
That's what happened when I went to speak to my crush for the first time. I chickened out right next to her. I did it the week after (last week) though. I got too nervous about it.
Being with her friends defo makes it a hell of a lot harder.
I feel for ya. It's really hard.
Do you have her number. If so maybe call her and arrange to meet her when you're both free.

Ah nice one m8!!

Nope i dont have her number. Should try getting it tbh
But knowing myself i will 98% talk myself out of interacting
Need to hope i listen to the 2% lol
Original post by AthiaKarim
I don't know, I dont crush on people, I can't remember the last time I did
I really don't fall for a guys looks and I guess I start to like someone when I get to know them. But I haven't ever been in that stage when I know someone well enough to like.

Fair enough.
That's good. I fell for mine because of her dress sense mainly. I could tell what type of girl she was and I was correct, luckily.
That sucks. Although I've never got to truly know someone so I guess I'm a bit similar there.
Original post by Anonymous
He said "Aww :hugs: I'm flattered" etc etc and that was it :cry:

Oh ok. At least what he said was good :smile:
Had trouble breathing. Pretty sure he thought I was having a asthma attack.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending