The Student Room Group

Why do they care so much?

Why are some parents so concerned with whether their child is a virgin or not? In my opinion it's quite annoying and I don't think it should define anyone...
I guess I ask the same question? However, never encountered that one before.
My parents have never been bothered lol, if you're not an adult then fair enough and I do believe parents should educate their children so maybe in that respect but if you're an adult why do they care?
Reply 3
Original post by Blondie987
My parents have never been bothered lol, if you're not an adult then fair enough and I do believe parents should educate their children so maybe in that respect but if you're an adult why do they care?

That's the thing, i'm 20 but my mum seems to be more into the sex talk since I've been in a relationship with my current boyfriend. But there's so much she does not know.. but my virginity seems to be a huge importance to her.
Original post by Anonymous
Why are some parents so concerned with whether their child is a virgin or not? In my opinion it's quite annoying and I don't think it should define anyone...

I think its a question that many would ask, and we wouldn't know the answer unless we were a parent ourselves. I've never been asked about this though. I think it has something to do with purity, but like I said, we wouldn't as we're not parents ourselves.
Original post by Anonymous
That's the thing, i'm 20 but my mum seems to be more into the sex talk since I've been in a relationship with my current boyfriend. But there's so much she does not know.. but my virginity seems to be a huge importance to her.

As in staying a vrigin? Is she old fashioned? I guess I could understand it if she were but if you're uncomfortable with it, just tell her that you respect yourself and a re mature enough to make your own decisions regarding such a private matter and that you would appreciate it if she didn't continue to bring it up
They don't.
I guess we'll never truly understand what it's like to have a child and how protective you can feel of them until you have one yourself.

I'd feel pretty uncomfortable if I had children and they were having sex with people that they weren't in serious relationships with, mostly for their own wellbeing.
I think that once they reach 18, they usually don't care. Well they shouldn't anyway.
Reply 9
Original post by loveleest
I think that once they reach 18, they usually don't care. Well they shouldn't anyway.

Yeah, they shouldn't I agree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending