The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 1 06/06/16

Scroll to see replies

Original post by popcornjpg
Wait what? If you did it last year and it worked out, you wouldn't be learning it again would you?

I stand by what I said: learning three topics worked out for me. Don't worry about me and why I'm learning something again.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by xxvine
Nope if anything you can get away with learning only 2
Parliament and constitution never appear in the same section together!

Until they eventually do and you're screwed.. don't take the risk

Original post by romaiseb
I stand by what I said: learning three topics worked out for me. Don't worry about me and why I'm learning something again.

And I stand by mine. It didn't work out for you obviously or else you woudn't be retaking AS so don't recommend it for other people.

And I stand by mine. It didn't work out for you obviously or else you woudn't be retaking AS so don't recommend it for other people.

I got an A in the exam. I'm retaking so that I can get a higher UMS to ensure an A* this year. As well as this my teacher said that you can get away with revising three of the topics for Unit 2.
I got an A in the exam. I'm retaking so that I can get a higher UMS to ensure an A* this year. As well as this my teacher said that you can get away with revising three of the topics for Unit 2.

That makes sense. I don't see why you couldn't just have said that initially.

To be honest - I may do the same in the future with the prime minister and cabinet chapter as I find it much more frustrating than the others. I have answered questions on all the other three in exams and not yet on a prime minister/cabinet question so maybe it's a waste of time.
Wa-hey! I'm doing this exam. We've so far covered Democracy, Elections and Pressure Groups, and we're working our way through Political Parties - so a full house.
Original post by wozrolland
Wa-hey! I'm doing this exam. We've so far covered Democracy, Elections and Pressure Groups, and we're working our way through Political Parties - so a full house.

:woo: same here!
Do you guys know the 2015 unit 3d and 4d paper? I'm trying to catch trends; thanks!
I've learnt Democracy and Pressure Groups for Unit 1, and all the chapters for Unit 2. I'll have learnt Elections by the end of March too.
My teacher said that you can get away with revising three of the topics for Unit 2.

You can do that for Unit 1.

But for Unit 2 though, I wouldn't risk it. The exam isn't formatted in the same way as the Unit 1 exam. You don't get given a choice of all four chapters. What you get is what you get, and your choice between two questions could both be on the same chapter - the chapter that you didn't revise.

I wouldn't risk it. Besides, all the chapters in Unit 2 link up heavily. You'd be missing out on key info.
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to ask if anyone had any predictions for this years exam paper?
Original post by Mars321
Hi Guys,

Check all the previous exams and see what else they could think of ?
lol
But i think this year Constitution is going to be a 40 marker which is awesome xD
Original post by Mars321
Hi Guys,

I wouldn't bother trying to predict the questions - instead, just practise all available papers from previous years. The questions repeat themselves quite often from what I know, especially on Unit 1.
Original post by Hurbad
Check all the previous exams and see what else they could think of ?
lol
But i think this year Constitution is going to be a 40 marker which is awesome xD

Yeah me too. It hasn't been a 40 marker for a long time
I wouldn't bother trying to predict the questions - instead, just practise all available papers from previous years. The questions repeat themselves quite often from what I know, especially on Unit 1.

Thanks for the advice definetly going to try and get as much past exam papers done.
I've realised , i been to busy with politics that i forgot about my other 2 subjects haha
Rip
Original post by Mars321
Yeah me too. It hasn't been a 40 marker for a long time

apparently the papers always correlate to the big political issues of the year, so I think in unit 1 we are guaranteed to get a question on the EU and or referendums in detail
Original post by espicton98
apparently the papers always correlate to the big political issues of the year, so I think in unit 1 we are guaranteed to get a question on the EU and or referendums in detail

Questions will never be specifically about an event. It will always be about something broad and questions which candidates can link recent developments in.

So you could be asked in unit 2 - "how sovereign is Parliament?" and there's a link to the EU. You can say that the people think so much sovereignty has been pooled to the EU, that it is one of the main focuses of the campaign to leave the EU in the June 2016 ref.
@jamestg Are you voting in or out ?
Original post by Hurbad

How do you expect him to vote if he is doing his AS-Levels? They didn't let 16 year olds vote in the referendum.
Original post by Hurbad

I honestly don't know. If I were able to vote, my heart says leave but my brain says stay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending