The Student Room Group

Are all men liars?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Axel Johann
And there are guys that don't know what they are talking about.

Like yourself?
Original post by ABsoluteX
There are guys who lie and get caught and then there are guys who lie and don't get caught.

Ouch?
Like yourself?

:no:
Original post by Anonymous
okay I'll have to hold on to the banana + rice jokes then.

nooo say em i know a lot about that stuff.. xD
:no:

You're the type of guy who lies and gets caught :tongue:
You're the type of guy who lies and gets caught :tongue:

That's what just happened to you haha :biggrin:
That's what just happened to you haha :biggrin:

In denial about being a liar I see.....
ngl here now.
you know I didn't used to think this but after experiencing male specimens I must disagree with myself.
Wallah even the best guys, they lie. They lie for like NO REASON AT ALL. It's so ****ing dumb.I don't know why. I hate that this is true but it just is. Ask even the most angelic guy...

Men lie, they just do. They always blame women for speaking too much or for chatting ****, when boys come out with the most crap usually to get what they want. But it's that when they chat sit it's not in public or it's in non-educational settings or situations so no-one really takes notice. More private places or TO someone.

Spoiler

Tl;dr - I have had a string of liars/bad men, why is this happening and how can I stop it?

I've been dating for a while and Im looking for something lasting and serious but for some reason I just keep running into liars.

My last 4 encounters went something like this:

Guy 1: met through uni friends, we dated for about 6 months. He was secretly dependent on weed and lied to me about it. When I realised, I ended it. He seemed upset but then a week later he had a new girlfriend.

Guy 2: met him on a dating site, we got on really well and had a great date. He mentioned his ex who he had been with for 7 years and had recently split up with. I decided not to go on a second date because I got the feeling he wasn't over her. Later I found out he had had another girlfriend (not the 7 year one) the entire time, not sure why he went on a date with me as it was quite clearly cheating. He's now married.

Guy 3: met him at school, ran into him on a dating site. He had listed 'Looking for a long term relationship'. We were getting on really well, until he said his 'head was really messed up at the moment and he didn't see himself falling in love or being in a relationship' - basically had been lying/acting like he wanted a relationship but just wanted easy sex.

Guy 4: met at work on an induction day, got on well but I never gave him my details or anything. Forgot about it until I got an email from him a couple of days later saying 'hi Sophie, was really nice to meet you the other day, do you want to go for a coffee sometime?' I said yes. Then he showed up at my work and tried to sit next to me, kept following me around the office, emailing me all day and repeatedly asking me if I wanted to go to lunch. Eventually I said yes to lunch and we are chatting about who we live with and he ends up admitting he lives with his gf. I was shocked.

Basically - what on earth am I doing wrong? I have met these guys in totally different scenarios and yet they've all ended up being dishonest in some way or another. Does anyone have any tips on how to avoid these guys and find a nice guy who is honest and straightforward? My friend says there's no such thing as a nice guy anymore so I shouldn't hold out hope for something that doesn't exist. Help!

I love the fact how both of you have totally disregarded the huge number of women who, like 'all men' (which totally isn't true. I know a larger majority who do lie, yes. I'm not disputing that. Merely the fact you have said all men), compulsively lie. Again, knowing a vast majority more who are ********ters more than healthy. If you ever run into someone who has never told a lie in their life, let me know! I doubt it. And I highly doubt your slates are clean, either.

Men will lie for sex. But what about a guy who isn't in a relationship for sex, AKA me? What reason would they have to compulsively lie? Or ******** about being single? Surely, they wouldn't. I made a pledge years ago to not tell another lie. I haven't since then, and that shall continue to be the way I live. And maybe the reason blokes feel the need to lie to find love is because of the ridiculously high standards set by men and women in society which almost entirely hinders any possible opportunity to find love.

The amount of times perfectly good people have dropped me for suffering a mental illness...
Some are. Not all.

But to be fair, I'm always sceptical of men.
Original post by Synonym
wallahi fam

Kasmeh bro
Well then ur rare, men usually just want sex and make it clear as well, even tho they have gf and wives.. They have no self respect or respect for their relationships. Not all but most
Original post by Tinemither
I love the fact how both of you have totally disregarded the huge number of women who, like 'all men' (which totally isn't true. I know a larger majority who do lie, yes. I'm not disputing that. Merely the fact you have said all men), compulsively lie. Again, knowing a vast majority more who are ********ters more than healthy. If you ever run into someone who has never told a lie in their life, let me know! I doubt it. And I highly doubt your slates are clean, either.

Men will lie for sex. But what about a guy who isn't in a relationship for sex, AKA me? What reason would they have to compulsively lie? Or ******** about being single? Surely, they wouldn't. I made a pledge years ago to not tell another lie. I haven't since then, and that shall continue to be the way I live. And maybe the reason blokes feel the need to lie to find love is because of the ridiculously high standards set by men and women in society which almost entirely hinders any possible opportunity to find love.

The amount of times perfectly good people have dropped me for suffering a mental illness...
Reply 31
Men lie. Women lie. Hermaphrodites FTW!
Original post by Ribbit1234
Well then ur rare, men usually just want sex and make it clear as well, even tho they have gf and wives.. They have no self respect or respect for their relationships. Not all but most

Got anything to back that outlandish claim?

Or shall we just keep making ridiculous claims?

Women are sluts, not all them but most.
Original post by DiddyDec
Got anything to back that outlandish claim?

Or shall we just keep making ridiculous claims?

Women are sluts, not all them but most.

ouch

Spoiler

Original post by Ribbit1234

Can I stress how toxic this view is? It is so detrimental to men's private beliefs and opinions. Yes, men want sex. But I know far more women who crave sex more. I've had more run ins with inconsiderate and downright hurtful women, whether they follow feminism or not, than I have self-absorbed men. And I know loads of people frlm both genders. Chances are, your generalisations are created from a bad run-in with around 4 or 5 guys. Women deliberaty pick the 'bad guys' for love because they're edgy, more fun and have a little more flare. But the majority of us are good guys... You just have to follow the right crowd...

I am rare, though. And I like that. I care, respect and nurture. I am the 'new man'. But I am not someone to fall in love or use people, especially not for sex. I am not a guy to lie, because it is so detrimental to trust. I'm a soppy idiot. But people dislike that. That's where this world is wrong - people would rather drug abusing, cheating ********s than a kind person who is likely to take care of them. What's fair in being sexist because someone followed the wrong group of one sex?
Original post by john2054
Look for the degree educated above, types. Because i think that you will find that doing 3/4/6/7 years of education tends to straighten a guy out. It certainly did me Sophie?

Think this is rubbish, nothing to do with education.
1. Ive no reason to believe that men lie any more than women.
2. As regards your dating then I think youve just been moderately unlucky. Obviously some men will lie for sex or because its gets them something. If they get caught then they move on. Thing is with your men you seem to have escaped unscathed and you caught them out meaning they werent that good.
3. Plenty of men dont lie, its a bit counterproductive and dull, especually if you want to build trust.

Keep looking, get faster at spotting and booting the dishonest ones and eventually you'll find someone who will be straight. Its importnat that you dont let your bad experiences embitter you towards men or people in general. By getting through the dross then it serves a purpose, which is knowing what you dont want and valuing people who are straightforward and honest. Hang in there.
Original post by Blondie987
Well everyone lies but it sounds like you're getting involved with bad guys, there are good ones out there though, I assure you :smile:

We just found another liar :tongue:
True I go for the diked guys, and Yh they're more fun, live and confident and fun to be around. I guess u can say ur asking for it with these kinda guys, but still they disrespect their gf and wives which isn't nice
Original post by Tinemither
Can I stress how toxic this view is? It is so detrimental to men's private beliefs and opinions. Yes, men want sex. But I know far more women who crave sex more. I've had more run ins with inconsiderate and downright hurtful women, whether they follow feminism or not, than I have self-absorbed men. And I know loads of people frlm both genders. Chances are, your generalisations are created from a bad run-in with around 4 or 5 guys. Women deliberaty pick the 'bad guys' for love because they're edgy, more fun and have a little more flare. But the majority of us are good guys... You just have to follow the right crowd...

I am rare, though. And I like that. I care, respect and nurture. I am the 'new man'. But I am not someone to fall in love or use people, especially not for sex. I am not a guy to lie, because it is so detrimental to trust. I'm a soppy idiot. But people dislike that. That's where this world is wrong - people would rather drug abusing, cheating ********s than a kind person who is likely to take care of them. What's fair in being sexist because someone followed the wrong group of one sex?
Reply 39
I definitely am, that probably makes me the most honest guy you've met.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending